Black full fenders for r model

Does anyone know where i can look to find any pictures of trucks that has this setup? I have looked at rbauction for old trucks that sold and on here and well you get the picture. I have seen a ton of rd trucks but they all have half fenders in diamond plate, i kinda wanted to ditch that setup for a full black plastic fender. Can anyone help me or give your opinion?

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Ok, well before i really look into this, i just found out from mack that to get the 3 rib full fenders , mounting brackets and hardware its 1438.49!!! The fenders are made by a company called lifetime and produced for mack, but still why can't i find ANY pictures of this?

I posted a pic of a truck I sold in the "Chicago R-model" thread that has full fenders that are steel and painted black. I think you were quoted a lil high. There is a guy up this way that does fenders and I think that full aluminum ones would cost you $1000-$1250? installed. If you don't want to keep them shiny have them painted. -Brad

Here you go.

The first kind is in Mack accessories online catalog but not shure they are still avalible.

The last one I met on many US truck chrome sites, brackets are for sale also although separately and not cheap.

The price of a full set was about 1400-2000 when I looked over.

Just make a brain storm around on-line chrome shops and you'll find what you want.

I did but not ready for money yet. Don't need them at the moment though.

post-3971-0-40204100-1365103148_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-64590100-1365103212_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-49831900-1365103233_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-88615900-1365103407_thumb.jp

post-3971-0-97713400-1365103457_thumb.jp

Edited by Vladislav

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I was at Beam Mack in Rochester NY today. I saw a NYSDOT Granite tractor there that was equipped with smooth ,black plastic full fenders. I found a tag that said Lifetime.Didn't have my camera and didn't want to use my cellphone and risk an upside down shot.I will get a pic shortly though,and post it.Fenders looked much better than the Minimizers that we are using. Steve

how about keeping the diamond plate half fenders and getting a mack mudflap, im not sure how long it should be with a chrome or stainless steel weight on the bottom. That way it would prevent dirt and dust from kicking up on the fuel and hydro tanks. Any got any pics of this and an estimate on what it would take and what size?

Berube's has a full lineup of fenders., you can even get those black plastic garbage truck fenders in chrome now but they arent cheap. just bought two lifetime full single axle stainless ones for my b model to replace the ones that met an early life with a low trailer and got them for 300 a pair. i made my own mounting brackets tho cause the brackets must be made out of gold, most of them cost more than the fender. always likes the look of Merritt fenders to.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

So I took your advice and had a little fun with the spray can. I painted my half fenders black. I used a flat black because when I tried gloss black it just didn't look right. My fenders have numerous cracks and are a little bent so I didn't care to have them shiny anymore. Ill post pics later

I'm glad this subject came up. I toyed with asking for quite sometime but did not. But since some of you have, I like the looks of a tandem setup with any of the black or chrome, stainless fenders, full or half. For some unknown reason, I cannot get used to seeing a full fender setup on a single axle, whether it is chrome, black, painted or whatever, and single axle is what I have. I have the quarter fenders but wished they made a half fender.

mike

I just checked on the price of the Minimizer MIN2260 for my single axle MH and the fenders are $300 (red) and the plastic bracket is "almost $300". I will NOT be getting any of those any time soon.

Put the heavier weight stainless steel corrigated ones on and run the flap down from below the mounting post. We put the lighter weight stainless on our B-Model only and they look nice on it, we had to make up all the brackets to fit it.

post-13513-0-24813000-1372874123_thumb.j