sad day at the junk yard

So I went to the ez pull junk yard in New Ringgold pa last weekend and came across a sad site of 3 MB cabs sitting in the stones. One was completely beat and the other 2 were in nice shape, one of them was worthy of saving but I just don't have the room right now. I looked around for the chassis buy they must of cut them up and just left the cabs for some reason. I did however score a vary nice black steering wheel and a head light trim ring off the better of the 3 cabs. The yellow cab in the right picture only had rust on the driver side floor bord.

Rudy

post-11429-0-93901900-1364960215_thumb.j

post-11429-0-83544200-1364960285_thumb.j

Maybe someone else can score some parts off those cabs before it is too late.

When they are gone, they're gone.

Very nice to see that after the cabs came off they didn't get crushed. Up this way, it seems that if a good cab comes off it gets crushed by "accident" with a loader or something. What a waste.

Its funny you say that because at that junk yard they damage good stuff all the time with a loader when they handle the trucks/cars. The other sad this is there was a Mack MH there that they were burning off the suspension when i was there saturday and the truck looked road worthy and had new brake chambers on it. Last year i seen a R model up there with a v8 in it, i feel dumb for not pulling it out so someone could use it.

Rudy

Its funny you say that because at that junk yard they damage good stuff all the time with a loader when they handle the trucks/cars. The other sad this is there was a Mack MH there that they were burning off the suspension when i was there saturday and the truck looked road worthy and had new brake chambers on it. Last year i seen a R model up there with a v8 in it, i feel dumb for not pulling it out so someone could use it.

Rudy

MH?!?!?!? Pics?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

yea makes u pissed when that shit happens. i went by this salvage yard for years and years, guy wouldnt sell anything. he had a B61SX that was nice with a nice cab and also a B50P that was really nice, aluminum components throughout, even the steering column. guy ended up dieing and his kid took over and scrapped everything. i tried to buy stuff. was told it was all sold to a scrapper for 80 bucks a ton. went back and looks for the truck, they crushed the cabs right down to the frames with a 235 Cat trackhoe. i was so pissed. they only made 200 B50's! i asked the guy for the bulldog cause amazingly it was the longest eared dog i had seen and they didnt break it, he was an asshole and said i could never get the shell off and he wanted 10 bucks for it. i went in the truck of my car, took out a hacksaw and cut right thru the mount and took the dog and gave him his 10 bucks, he was pissed off. im never one to cut a dog off but they ruined the rest of the truck, i had to save his life haha. joke was on him cause right after that scrap went to 300 bucks a ton and he sold all his for 80.

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

yea makes u pissed when that shit happens. i went by this salvage yard for years and years, guy wouldnt sell anything. he had a B61SX that was nice with a nice cab and also a B50P that was really nice, aluminum components throughout, even the steering column. guy ended up dieing and his kid took over and scrapped everything. i tried to buy stuff. was told it was all sold to a scrapper for 80 bucks a ton. went back and looks for the truck, they crushed the cabs right down to the frames with a 235 Cat trackhoe. i was so pissed. they only made 200 B50's! i asked the guy for the bulldog cause amazingly it was the longest eared dog i had seen and they didnt break it, he was an asshole and said i could never get the shell off and he wanted 10 bucks for it. i went in the truck of my car, took out a hacksaw and cut right thru the mount and took the dog and gave him his 10 bucks, he was pissed off. im never one to cut a dog off but they ruined the rest of the truck, i had to save his life haha. joke was on him cause right after that scrap went to 300 bucks a ton and he sold all his for 80.

Sounds like a true jackass. Glad you atleast got the dog! HAH

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Hello!

I don't know how it is in the States, from your posts I get a picture that the junkyard people are the same all over the world, though. Around here I had it many times - I go to the junkyard, see a part I'd take. Ask for a price, get an absurd high number as an answer. I say no, that's too steep - the junkyard man just takes the part to the crusher, or runs it over with a lift truck or stuff like that. Once I literally dug a horn out of mud - asked the junkyard man for a price and found out it was very valuable for him. Once, at another junkyard I've seen 'em stack old cars one on top of the other by way of piercing the windshield with a lift truck and lifting' em by the roof. I bet a used windshield, if I asked the man five minutes before, if I could have this very windshield, he would have wanted real money for it. Looking at it just makes me sick. Rant over, thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

Hello!

I don't know how it is in the States, from your posts I get a picture that the junkyard people are the same all over the world, though. Around here I had it many times - I go to the junkyard, see a part I'd take. Ask for a price, get an absurd high number as an answer. I say no, that's too steep - the junkyard man just takes the part to the crusher, or runs it over with a lift truck or stuff like that. Once I literally dug a horn out of mud - asked the junkyard man for a price and found out it was very valuable for him. Once, at another junkyard I've seen 'em stack old cars one on top of the other by way of piercing the windshield with a lift truck and lifting' em by the roof. I bet a used windshield, if I asked the man five minutes before, if I could have this very windshield, he would have wanted real money for it. Looking at it just makes me sick. Rant over, thanks for reading and have a nice day

Paweł

Yes, same here in the States. Some will actually sell parts at reasonable prices but most want an arm and leg. I am one of those people who if the price is not reasonable, they can keep it.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

There was a guy who had a couple B-81 that were perfect, no rot, no dents and my dad asked him and he said no. The next day the guy pushed them with the bulldozer.

Matt

APA's maintenence shop on Aramingo Ave. in Philly had a schoolbus load of N.O.S. MB parts when they went under,would'nt sell any of it by the piece,all or none! don't know whatever happened to it all! they even had a groomed cab still on the pallet!....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.