2013 ATCA National Meet, Macungie, PA

Doug Maney

I finally had time to put together the flyer for the ATCA National Meet. Print this out and share it with the Truckin' Nuts in your life! As usual the show field will be stocked with Mack trucks for your viewing pleasure. This year the feature series will finish out the alphabet with T-Z trucks. If you would happen to have a truck that begins with one of those letters drag it to Macungie with your Mack. We would love to see it.

More information about the show is in the ATCA Double Clutch Magazine. If you are not a member and do not get the b-monthly mag, you can join at the registration booth and we will allow you to take advantage of the member show registration discounts.

In Double Clutch, there is also information about the ATCA Family Reunion that takes place on Friday June 14th at the show. If you have attended in the past, you know how great it is. If you have never attended, you are missing it. THE ONLY THING WE ASK IS THAT YOU CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE SO WE CAN ORDER ENOUGH FOOD! LAST YEAR, 75 PEOPLE SIGNED UP AND WE FED OVER 375. We know to plan for extra but, 300 extra may cause us to run out of food one year. The Central Pennsylvania Chapter of ATCA Truckin' Nuts created this event for everyone to enjoy. The initial cost is out of our pocket and the donations go to reimburse the costs. This is what amounts to a $5000.00 party, we hope you have a good time and we know you will get your moneys worth. The ATCA Family Reunion information is included in Double Clutch. PLEASE CONFIRM YOU PARTICIPATION!

post-91-0-69320600-1364767570_thumb.jpg

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

• 2 weeks later...

I already took off from work both days. I will be there one way or another, with or without a truck. I am looking forward to this. Last year was my first truck show ever. After I attended, I found this place and its been all down hill since.

• Like 1

ATCA members pay $45.00 per space. 10 X 30 ft are the space size. You can buy multply spaces. There is some paperwork for the PA sales tax police.

Flea market space HAS to be pre-registered before May 1.

Jim

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

Well I had high hopes for this one but I may have to skip it fir this year and hit Watts show later in the year, I will definitely make it next year if I cant make it work this time round.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Charlie,

Stop by and say hi. I'll have my 52 Type 75A there.

Another friend is bringing his absolutely gorgeous 1932 Buffalo 1000 gpm pumper out of Reading, PA. He spent several years restoring it and it shows.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

This is the last day to let Terry know whether you are planning on attending the family reunion on Friday night.

Here is the info from the registration form:

THE ATCA FAMILY REUNION

Friday, June 14, 2013 • 6:30 PM • Macungie Memorial Park Camping Area

All are welcome, covered dish or donation recommended. Please confirm participation by June 1, 2013

by contacting Terry or Janice Rubendall

610-589-4667 home • 484-955-0155 cell • email bigbrownmule@verizon.net

As Doug has previously stated they had very few sign up last year and ended up feeding a whole lot of folks, so please make your Momma proud and RSVP like she taught you to do!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I don't know if all 22 will make it. We might run out of time. I will definitely have the AC pumper and CF719 there. At the moment my A model and L model pumpers are not running. Hopefully my father will get them running when he gets back from the ATHS show. The brakes are apart on my father's B85 tractor so that is staying home. I have several extra drivers lined up including "39BabyMack"s brother. We took 19 last year and brought 20 home. Mike

• Like 2

got the front fenders off my B. repainting the black to get rid of some dings and dents, crunch time definitely. cant believe the road grime and dirt and oil when I took the fenders off. just to think it had a frame up restoration just 5 years ago. everything underneath is dirty it seems. put new stainless fenders on the back after my run in with the trailer crunched one of them haha. also repainted the fifth wheel plate. put some bondo and icing on the plate to fill all the pits, (id make the Brockway site guys proud bondo ing my fifth wheel plate haha) would like to wire up a radio for the 4 hr plus ride to Macungie in the Mack. pretty exciting, 20 years of going and this is my first year bringing a truck.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

nope no fighting at all... I said I would make them PROUD bondoing my fifth wheel plate. I look forward to all the updates on the Brockway site of the Sears truck. would love to find one myself someday as we have a Sears Oil B61LT in our collection now that we bought at the auction.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg