Misc Trucks

BKrois

Probably the only one i ever saw in person,outside a truck show that was still being used,and the ONLY one i ever saw in Jersey! took this back in 1973, a REAL Sterling, Model NCS 297,Waukashaw Gas inline 6,did'nt make note of the trans.,but it was two sticks,and sat on 12:00X24 rubber,owned by C.W. Young & Co. house/machinery movers Mays Landing ,NJ.............................................Mark

post-5836-0-23118000-1364599564_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Oh so nice Mark!

Didn't Robert J Blazely have one, chain drive & a 220 Cummins?......

Rick

I think you mean J. Robert Bazley from Pottsville, Pa. He had several Sterlings. I don't think this one is chain drive, and I know he had a single axle that was a Timken worm drive

post-2383-0-06191000-1364641418_thumb.jp

• Like 2

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Oh so nice Mark!

Didn't Robert J Blazely have one, chain drive & a 220 Cummins?......

Rick

Glad you liked it! my dad and i looked it over pretty well one saturday,i think i was impressed with the rear supension the most, all those springs,super heavy duty,wood lined frame,it had "10 feet wide" painted across the front bumper!..........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tackaberry's sleeper V-Liner. I've never seen another one with this setup. Taken at Macungie.

This truck belonged to a guy named JT. He was either from Philly or Jersey. He died of a heart attack about 10 years ago and wanted George to get his truck. I have a picture of it on the trailer heading north. It was claimed that IH did not make sleeper V model's, but here is one. I have seen other pictures since I heard that claim so they obiously did. It just isn't available in the surviving paperwork from the period.

Here is a link to my V model semi-open cab. 549 gas V8, 5 speed, hydraulic brakes, 85' Peter Pirsche aerial. It is a married piece that served Reading PA.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9715-ih-v190-tiller/

Mike

I had saved this picture a while ago,looks like this Sterling had a little trouble! there was no explanation as to what happened!............................................Mark

SINKHOLES.............Are nothing new!!

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

This truck belonged to a guy named JT. He was either from Philly or Jersey. He died of a heart attack about 10 years ago and wanted George to get his truck. I have a picture of it on the trailer heading north. It was claimed that IH did not make sleeper V model's, but here is one. I have seen other pictures since I heard that claim so they obiously did. It just isn't available in the surviving paperwork from the period.

Here is a link to my V model semi-open cab. 549 gas V8, 5 speed, hydraulic brakes, 85' Peter Pirsche aerial. It is a married piece that served Reading PA.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9715-ih-v190-tiller/

Mike

I heard the same thing about the sleepercab V's.... how it wasn't or couldn't be made, but they are out there.

I always liked the V models and I found it interesting that IH would change sheetmetal for a truck built around a V8 motor. Really no likeness at all to the then-current R-Series.

I drove a Fleetstar stakeside with the 549 for a farmer and that thing was a real brute.

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

• 2 weeks later...

I met him at the Diesel Drags a few years back when he had the IH. He and the truck were both a class act. I don't recall his name but he was from Braddock, NJ down near Hammonton. He was dressed in white shirt and tie with pressed trousers and he had a plaque on the side of the truck proclaiming his prestigious award. His son had an equally nice long-wheelbase daycab Pete.

OK, I remembered the driver's name and did a quick google search. It appears that he and his truck were featured in a paperback book called Custom Semi a few year back. I screen-capped a few shots from the Amazon webpage.

post-13134-0-83097800-1365966140_thumb.j

post-13134-0-30425600-1365966170_thumb.j

post-13134-0-83037700-1365966201_thumb.j

"If it's all the sime to you... I'll droyve that tankah"   Max Rockatansky (The Road Warrior)

I heard the same thing about the sleepercab V's.... how it wasn't or couldn't be made, but they are out there.

I always liked the V models and I found it interesting that IH would change sheetmetal for a truck built around a V8 motor. Really no likeness at all to the then-current R-Series.

I drove a Fleetstar stakeside with the 549 for a farmer and that thing was a real brute.

I knew I had this somewhere- from "Wheels of Time", 2004.

post-1374-0-18548900-1365970226_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-13614700-1365970290_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-53162500-1365970322_thumb.jp

post-1374-0-55212800-1365970362_thumb.jp

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Something a little older. I sometimes tend to look for something a little different instead of the same trucks year in, year out. This one caught my eye right away.

I'm out of likes, but I like that big Diamond T beside it too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm out of likes, but I like that big Diamond T beside it too.

Here's a better shot of it from the other side. Taken at Macungie, this 951-S used to belong to Howard Fugitt out of PA. It now resides in the Jerry Howard Collection.

post-13134-0-54324500-1365983997_thumb.j