Hauled with the old truck this week, i have a broke spring on the left side so i only let them load it to the top of the stakes, been hauling 20 ton a trip and about 3000 feet of logs with it. It is slow 48 is a good speed the tach don't work so i don't know what the engine is doing but at 55 mph it sounds like it is screaming. I do get down to 3th gear and about 8 mph on one hill on hwy 297, that is called hells point, but for a 36 year old truck it does ok i just wish it had some more speed or just run 55 at a lower rpm. I still have not took any pictures sorry guys i will try to rember tomarow to snap a few i downed the rear suspension to change the spring and pads when i found a bad truion bushing, and the pads did not have the spacers in between them on the sides. while laying under the truck i notice the trans looked biger than the old six speed in the floor of the shop, and i found the i.d. numbers in a diffrent place, it has x107 on it does any one know what trans that would be and the ratio, i am thinking that it may be a overdrive because the guy i got it from told me he thought it had 4.50 ratio, but it does not i cleaned up the carrier and it says 5.13 and the model is a c 113, any info would be great, and i will get some pics as soon as posible it is just hard to rember when i get in the truck at day light and get out at dark, but i will be putting it back together so hopefully i can snap a few with my i phone.

If it is not a overdrive i would like to change the tranny out for a overdrive, it runs the engine to death out on the road, with the 5.13 rears, but i would have to find a trans that would work good with the little engine. The engine runs like a top, sweet running 237, i found the tag above the bosch pump that says it was built in 10 mouth of 84 so it had the engine replaced not the original. Also it has a oil bath breather, is it easy to change it to a element style or do i have to find a whole breather off a later model. I have thought about putting a 15 speed over in it or a mack 9 speed, if the tranny does not already have a overdrive, what do you all thank, i could change the rears a good freind of mine has a set of cut off 55 with 4.17 ratio that i could buy and drop in my carriers but it may kill what little power i do have with the six speed, i thank that would but the truck up around 70 or 75 mph.

You should be able to put a regular air cleaner on it. As for the transmission your better off staying with a mack tranny considering mack motors produce so much torque they have a tenancy to blow roadrangers apart. You could get a overdrive 12 speed which is arguably the best transmission ever built

Matt

Ok so from what i understand my trans is a dirrect six speed with mutiable reverse gears, so i can swap a 12 speed or a mack 9 over and get the rpms down at highway speeds, and sorry about the pictures every time i send them from my phone that is what happens, havent figured it out yet, so thanks for the comments

Make sure they are overdrive and it should help you out.

yes i really need a overdrive, i was running back empty the other day and i got it to 58 for just a secound that was everything it would run, i thank that a overdrive would give me 10 to 15 mph on top and that would help calm her down at highway speeds.