well i guess your the goofy one for keepin it so fuckin long since you hated it so much. i read pretty well, just dont have patience for assholes who like to stir the pot over bullshit

well you wonder why thier runnin 460,s and larger now,,numbnuts,,,when that rubberband 237,,,was such a big powerhouse,,,plus i dont appeciate your pissy attitute,,,we were all having a nice little chat,,,till you had to run your hole...gotta go play freight man now,,all night,,while you sleep like a good little boy...we,,,ll seeya chump...bob

never said it was a powerhouse, said it was a good engine. i dont have an attitude and wasnt pissy. last i knew it was America and i was free to state my mind, plenty of us old truck guys would be happy as hell to have one of those gutless pieces of shit you say in our old B models. never seen the little chat either, i see you, being an asshole tryin to tir the pot every single time we even brought up the mention of a 237. if you were so unhappy with it i guess you should have traded it right back in for anew pete and big engine. just statin my facts. and im far from a little boy so you can go play big freight man

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

never said it was a powerhouse, said it was a good engine. i dont have an attitude and wasnt pissy. last i knew it was America and i was free to state my mind, plenty of us old truck guys would be happy as hell to have one of those gutless pieces of shit you say in our old B models. never seen the little chat either, i see you, being an asshole tryin to tir the pot every single time we even brought up the mention of a 237. if you were so unhappy with it i guess you should have traded it right back in for anew pete and big engine. just statin my facts. and im far from a little boy so you can go play big freight man

idnt mean to piss in your cereal babba...ive been out there for 40 years,,driven everything from 180 thermodynes to 435 cats,,owned 5 macks..the 350 thermo was the best one i ever had,,,now that thing would pull a hill,also owned a 300 plus,,and a 250,,they also pulled real well...thats just my side,out here,,you cant put 106 thousand on triple trailers,,and climb a 9000 ft mountain,,with any thing under a 460,,,i have absolutely no good memory,s in a 237...bob

well i guess your the goofy one for keepin it so fuckin long since you hated it so much. i read pretty well, just dont have patience for assholes who like to stir the pot over bullshit

ya,,,just what i thought,,,supertrucker,,,,same responce as i got,,,when i paid you a big compliment on your B model,,,while back no responce...wow...now i can see your a stay at home mom,,,maybe some day you.ll be a real trucker like the rest of us,,,enjoy your miserable life,,,while the rest of us have to work all night and pay you to stay home....thanks for nothing...hand .lololololol..sincerly .bob,,,if you can read english

This topic should not have sunk to this level because of a difference of opinion. Aren't we better than this?

well i want to apologize for anyone i might have offended,,,im sure that motor worked real well for a lotta people...i assume i have a pretty good reputation on here,,,wanna keep it that way...have a splendid weekend fella,s.....bob

Well i had no idea it was a love hate kind of engine or i would not have typed a word!!! from what i can tell from everyones response i will either love it or hate it no in between.. I still have not had a chance to load her down but the thing really runs sweet, and started right up at 28 deg. the other morning. I have still got to do some break work and get the doors letter, then i will put her to the test. While cleaning her out i found some scale tickets were the guy had hauled some pulpwood and i seen one were he had hauled 26 tons on it now that was grossing 76,000 lbs on a tandem, thats pretty good out of the hills around here but it could be that he never got over 40 mph either but i am prepaired for the worst so we will see.

There was a R model in Quebec with a 237 and a 12 speed that kicked any 400 cummins or cat's butt. This truck was insane and Fullfeul01 ended up with it. I have a photo of it and will dig it up.

Tim you know that 237 was turned up. That 12 speed helped with getting that dog up to speed quick.

Rob

I don't understand why a guy asking our opinion on an old DM could have generated that much rancor on this site....

If you can name me just( one engine) that someone, somewhere, hasn't got something negative to say about then it'll be a first.

I've had some 237's that I considered to be good runners and some that were genuine dogs. But as I stated earlier," it was in their day".....

And their day has come and gone. To compare them to the more modern day engines is like comparing apples to oranges.

We used to get maybe 300K miles between overhauls( if we were lucky).Some of the newer engines can run over a million miles before overhauling is necessary.

If you wanna talk about genuine" POWER" try one of Bruce Mallinson's (Pittsburgh Power) engines (the man is a genius) in the mid '90's we built one of his 1000HP engines.

Until you have driven a truck with that kind of power....

You will have missed one of the ultimate experiences in truck driving.(most truckdrivers that I've known aren't able to handle that much power without damaging the driveline)

The biggest fear you'll have, is that some other truck might pull out in front of you (while you're cruising at 75MPH) loaded going uphill on a long steep grade.