yes i really need a overdrive, i was running back empty the other day and i got it to 58 for just a secound that was everything it would run, i thank that a overdrive would give me 10 to 15 mph on top and that would help calm her down at highway speeds.

Our DM was the same specs except a tri-axle dump. It originally went 58 and then he was able to get it up to 65 by changing the ring and pinion gears

Matt

I like the color scheme, nice truck!

Thanks! i like the paint to, but it needs a new paint job, the paint is chiped on the hood and faded bad on the cab. I was thanking of haveing it painted this summer when i got done with the haul i am putting it on, same paint scheme put instead of white i thought about silver and red.

That's a good looking truck, my friend. I'll always have a soft spot for side winders. I didn't realize there was direct and overdrive 2 stick 6 speeds, but it makes alot of sense. My old R model had a 2 stick 6 speed and 4.17 rears, and would run 70 mph. My old DM with a 2 stick 6 speed and 4.64 rears would only do 55-60. It must have been a direct and the R model must have been overdrive. You learn something new everyday!

Jake

Well got her rebushed and but a spring on the passager side and all new pads and the old truck runs good and straigth down the road, but i only put one spring on it because the other side was good and had not been on it long, the one i got from a mack junkyard a county away is a 10 leaf anti-sway, the one on the truck is a 13 leaf regular spring, i thought it would be ok but now when you load it it sets down on the drivers side. O well live and learn, i will be looking for another spring i guess, but she handles alot better.