ustless Blasting

Has anyone here ever tried that dustless blasting.I've seen it on the car channel on the internet.I check into it and it is quite pricey compared to a sanblast unit.The smallest unit was around $5,000.There's a guy not that far from me that has a moblie unit will be giving him a call for a price to do the frame and cab.Thanks Mike Durkin

No, but let us know how it works out. Of all of the things I do when I'm re-doing a rig sandblasting is the absolute least favorite. I'm just too cheap to pay someone to do it.

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

i do a little blastin myself with actually ones of those cheapo harbor freight blast pots. have about worn it out but for 100 bucks who cares. most of the time i have a sandblast guy do it tho. for the cost of buyin sand, my time and of coure a case of beer for my frustration it isnt worth it. had a guy b;ast my whole b model cab inside and out for $250 bucks. then cut the ends off my fuel tanks and had him blast them inside and out and the doors for another 200. was reasonable.

• Like 2

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

I use alot of sand blast.

There's a guy with a little crew who provide it not far from me.

I started with him for $100 per hour of work.

It looked too high, also needed to move big parts to him for about 10 km and more problemmly to move cleaned parts to painting guy.

One day during the blasting rain started. The work vent under roof although when I observed the parts next day I had to back them reblast.

The end was I realized to buy everything my own and built a shed for.

Got used diesel compressor for a half of a new value, sand tank, hoses, jet, protection clothes and a halmet.

Because I started to work in winter so had to buy dry sand. About 2 tons.

Noted that for one working hour I spent 2 hours of 2 guys' job.

The neighborhood is out of happyness also.

Of course I have less troubles at all but to my surprize I have no lust to blast for anybody else for those $100/hour.

Less dust is the way.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I have one of those hand held Speed Blasters with the small built in hopper. I go to Home Depot and use play sand. I've done mostly small parts, wheels, rusted small block Chevy headers, etc. also good for removing light surface rust and paint from body panels. I usually lay down a blue tarp to collect the sand so I can reuse it after running it through a sift.

I did send out the subframe from my Firebird restoration to get done. I figured for the $200 I spent to have everything blasted after I took it apart it was well worth it since that was thicker rust and stuff. Th commercial blaster was a lot more powerful than the handheld thing and my 20 gal compressor.

Do a google search for silicosis... Please don't use regular sand

Our local Menards (home improvement chain) used to sell what they called "Handy Sand".It was washed and sized silica.But it had a warning label on it "Not For Sandblasting".Probably to escape the MSDS paperwork bullsh!t. Now the only sell "Black Blast" a more larger and more effective blasting material,made from steel mill slag.Either one,you need a mask for anyway.But yes, silicosis is a bad deal for you and your lungs.I agree.

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Going to test that "black slag". It makes lower dust as people said me although looks expensive. My unit spend about 150 liters of sand in 30 minutes. With good results though.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Our local Menards (home improvement chain) use to sell what they called "Handy Sand".It was washed and sized silica.But it had a warning label on it "Not For Sandblasting".Probably to escape the MSDS paperwork bullsh!t. Now the only sell "Black Blast" a more larger and more effective blasting material,made from steel mill slag.Either one,you need a mask for anyway.But yes, silicosis is a bad deal for you and your lungs.I agree.

A place that i used to work made vary large fab pieces and they put the job on top of a flat railroad car roll it outside to be blasted with that "black blast" or they called it "black beauty" vary nasty stuff by the time they were done with the job you could of filled 4 or 5 tri axle dumps with what was on the ground.

hard to get ''Black Beauty'' here in Ny anymore. its the best in my opinion but i use to pay 3-6 bucks a 100lb bag for it and now its like 21 bucks a back so everyone carries the cheaper stuff. its black slag, but doesnt cut and clean like black beauty did. i usually just take my bigger pieces to a blastin place. the smal stuff i dont mind but for time and money its cheaper in the long run to have someone do it whos set up for it with an industrial blaster and they recycle the sand.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

hard to get ''Black Beauty'' here in Ny anymore. its the best in my opinion but i use to pay 3-6 bucks a 100lb bag for it and now its like 21 bucks a back so everyone carries the cheaper stuff. its black slag, but doesnt cut and clean like black beauty did. i usually just take my bigger pieces to a blastin place. the smal stuff i dont mind but for time and money its cheaper in the long run to have someone do it whos set up for it with an industrial blaster and they recycle the sand.

Matt i regret not taking as much as i could because its most likely still there and the place closed down 2 years ago.

I have a call into the dustless blasting guy in our area,waiting on getting a price from him.If I have to I will use old faithful the 100lbs sandblast pot I have.The way I found out about the fellow was I called the number on the website for the manurfactor and they gave me his number.