Northeast Blizzard..

MACKS

yea, did a lot for us, took our $1800 plus tax for the new fuel injection module or computer a year ago and took another $1936 plus tax today for 3 new injectors. 6.0 fords are nothin but a gutless piece of junk in my eyes.good thing the owner is a millionaire and a cheap old bastard and it doesnt come out of my pocket. i would have unloaded the junk 3 years ago. have a guy up the road that sells uses cars, has a low mile 06 ford 350 with utility box for 13 grand with a 6.0. been sittin on the lot all summer and still there. said he is thinkin bout takin it back to the auction to unload it. ours is the most gutless piece of shit i think i have ever driven next to a B42 Mack. the 7.3 will about smoke the tires off it with 250,000 miles on it. as for the storm i think they blew it out of proportion like always . cancelled all the schools around here LAST night, like today generation needs to get any dumber(sorry Vinny, your an exception) and we still have less than an inch on the ground. the was a train derailment about 30 min from me last nite with loaded tanker cars, think i could find it on any one of 20 stations? nope,. just the storm, or some reporter showin people buyin snowblowers and show shoverls? i just sit here wonderin '' you live in upstate Ny, dont you already have an 'F' ing shovel?? sorry for my rant lol

• Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

That first one could even be a Flexi-Van rental. Looks like the fenders are light in color and the hood is dark.

And it's probably file footage.

I hope you folks don't get hammered as bad as they're saying. It think it's about time Mother Nature cut you Northeasterners some slack.

No, it was in the background of the lady and i just plowed the road and its already got a 1" after 15 minutes and it suppose to keep up like that until 9AM so i think we are gonna get hit but i love it so it aint to bad

Matt

Already got 5 inches in southeastern MA. Heavy wet snow.....Zero visibility.....Crazy wind.....only a matter of time before power goes out. Should be fun going to work in the morning...Best of luck to all in it's path...Stay safe!

That first one could even be a Flexi-Van rental. Looks like the fenders are light in color and the hood is dark.

And it's probably file footage.

I hope you folks don't get hammered as bad as they're saying. It think it's about time Mother Nature cut you Northeasterners some slack.

Holy hamburgers, that could actually be Vinny's truck!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

29 to 31 inches. I plowed the street in front of my driveway. Can't hit main roads because of abandoned yuppie 4x4s....

Picture001.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Good to see you mobile already. My cousin lives off Canal Rd in Coram and says she has about 30" at her place too. She's a nurse at St Charles and is on a 3-12 schedule, so the tiiming of this storm has given her the luxury of just staying home until things get back to normal.

The trick to "weathering" a storm like this is to remain calm and be prepared, like this guy:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2013/02/08/gotta-get-the-bread-and-milk/

Jim

Good to see you mobile already. My cousin lives off Canal Rd in Coram and says she has about 30" at her place too. She's a nurse at St Charles and is on a 3-12 schedule, so the tiiming of this storm has given her the luxury of just staying home until things get back to normal.

The trick to "weathering" a storm like this is to remain calm and be prepared, like this guy:

My wife is a nurse at a major hospital system in Bethlehem Pa. They are so kind and considerate to their employees that they told them "you are required to report to work regardless of weather conditions. If you need to come in early or stay late you may use available hospital facilties (empty rooms, lounges etc) to sleep. Overtime will not be provided if you remain on site." yeah, right......28 inches and a State of Emergency later banning road traffic except to emergency personnel threw that whole "we aint paying overtime if you get fucked and have to stay" thing out the window because no one could get in, and even if they could they weren't ALLOWED!!! Nurses dont count as emergency traffic!!! Wife stayed for an extra 18 hours.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My wife is a nurse at a major hospital system in Bethlehem Pa. They are so kind and considerate to their employees that they told them "you are required to report to work regardless of weather conditions. If you need to come in early or stay late you may use available hospital facilties (empty rooms, lounges etc) to sleep. Overtime will not be provided if you remain on site." yeah, right......28 inches and a State of Emergency later banning road traffic except to emergency personnel threw that whole "we aint paying overtime if you get fucked and have to stay" thing out the window because no one could get in, and even if they could they weren't ALLOWED!!! Nurses dont count as emergency traffic!!! Wife stayed for an extra 18 hours.

Based on some stories I've heard from my cousin, she may have been in a similar situation had she been scheduled to work.

Jim

We have three 04-06 6.0L in box vans at work that are nothing but junk. The one had all new injectors around 80k miles and the other two had both new turbo and injectors around 130k miles. Either way they are gutless pigs stock. I've heard if you delete the EGR garbage they'll run better. I've had two Duramax LLY diesels in 3/4 ton and 1 ton trucks with some luck. The second one I just got with 130k miles blew a head gasket two days after I signed the papers. I had to pull the motor to do the head gaskets on it because of the lack of room. The dealers just remove the cab to do a HG job. I ended up welding shut the EGR cooler.and rerouting the PCV valve to bypass the emissions crap. So far so good...

I've got a 2006 e350 6.0 van the worst vehicle i've ever ever owned. injector seals, erg cloged, front brakes every 40k and its over the road not city and has never towed anything. vacuum pumps every 30k, now with 180k front and rear engine seals are pouring oil and diesel fuel from some where i can't even find. if that seems like allot of miles. I have 6 gm products with well over 300k maybe a alternator of fuel pump here or there but none drop a once of oil. I did have 2002 gmc duramax that did lose a head gasket, but i had a 105hp tuner program on it without a pyrometer so there's no telling what the exhaust temp got too, and GM took very good care of me on a new truck.

Now I'm not drinking the GM koolaid, but ford had the better van interior and looks i thought id give ford another try, and i have had several ford Gas vans and one e350 with a 7.3, the engine was great over 300k miles but went through four vacuum pumps and the transmission was rebuilt twice and the over drive always blinked.

If anyone has had better luck with vacuum pumps or knows a secret to keep them alive tell me please let me know.

I've got a 2006 e350 6.0 van the worst vehicle i've ever ever owned. injector seals, erg cloged, front brakes every 40k and its over the road not city and has never towed anything. vacuum pumps every 30k, now with 180k front and rear engine seals are pouring oil and diesel fuel from some where i can't even find. if that seems like allot of miles. I have 6 gm products with well over 300k maybe a alternator of fuel pump here or there but none drop a once of oil. I did have 2002 gmc duramax that did lose a head gasket, but i had a 105hp tuner program on it without a pyrometer so there's no telling what the exhaust temp got too, and GM took very good care of me on a new truck.

Now I'm not drinking the GM koolaid, but ford had the better van interior and looks i thought id give ford another try, and i have had several ford Gas vans and one e350 with a 7.3, the engine was great over 300k miles but went through four vacuum pumps and the transmission was rebuilt twice and the over drive always blinked.

If anyone has had better luck with vacuum pumps or knows a secret to keep them alive tell me please let me know.

We put one vacuum pump on our F-350, it has a 7.3L with 300k and stills run better than new. We always had Fords and never had any problems. My dad bought one new Chevy in 1985 and the engine blew at 16k, blew the rear end, was rotted within a year, and couldn't get out of its own way. The Fords always ran forever!

Matt

I'm only mobile for 200 feet .:) the rest of my area is not opened up til maybe late tonight or tomorrow and the State and county just closed all the parkways, 495 and Sunrise Highway so the can clear the abandoned cars and plow them. Supposed to be bringing in National Guard plows according to Como. Political I expect.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Holy hamburgers, that could actually be Vinny's truck!

No It couldn't. That looks to be a single axle, mine was a tandem, has an oil bath tall air cleaner, mine is paper type and short and fat, and that is an older U model because of the small Mack letters on the hood. Prolly a green steel dash too, mines tan and plastic.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I'm only mobile for 200 feet . :) the rest of my area is not opened up til maybe late tonight or tomorrow and the State and county just closed all the parkways, 495 and Sunrise Highway so the can clear the abandoned cars and plow them. Supposed to be bringing in National Guard plows according to Como. Political I expect.

Our street has about a 1 1/2ft on it we were able to plow about 200ft pushing all the snow into big piles off to the sides

Before:

post-13537-0-34236600-1360439788_thumb.j

post-13537-0-83464100-1360439746_thumb.j

After:

post-13537-0-73201800-1360439901_thumb.j

post-13537-0-93467400-1360439966_thumb.j

post-13537-0-28010600-1360440032_thumb.j

Matt

BIG John Deere Tractor just went by looks like we wont be stuck here for the next couple days

And no pics? You know we like BIG iron too.

And don't forget to clear the roof before going anywhere

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

We put one vacuum pump on our F-350, it has a 7.3L with 300k and stills run better than new. We always had Fords and never had any problems. My dad bought one new Chevy in 1985 and the engine blew at 16k, blew the rear end, was rotted within a year, and couldn't get out of its own way. The Fords always ran forever!

I hope your not using 1985 gm truck to measure gm quality? That was GM's darkest days, that would be like using a Midliner to judge Macks quality. I know every company has its tough times but 6.0 diesels were fords.

Back in the day my dad sold Macks trucks and some loggers were using Whites with 318 Detroits fullers transmissions and eaton rears they were spending a fortune on rear ends and transmissions repairs, my dad told them how tough a Mack transmission and mack rears were so they finally bought a used R model Mack that once belonged to Kenan Transport it had well over a million miles. When they later had problems with the million mile hard used Mack, they told everyone that Mack trucks were junks and my dad was selling over priced junk just with a fancy name.

• Like 1

I'm only mobile for 200 feet . :) the rest of my area is not opened up til maybe late tonight or tomorrow and the State and county just closed all the parkways, 495 and Sunrise Highway so the can clear the abandoned cars and plow them. Supposed to be bringing in National Guard plows according to Como. Political I expect.

I've been checking out the L.I.E. cams throughout the day. wet in some spots and littered with vehicles in others. It gets worse the further east you go,

oh...well, never mind then.

You didn't see those small letters above the grill? I knew it wasn't his 'cause I can see the surreal number. It looks like his fire extinguisher needs a recharge, too.

Jim