Turn signals, LED or Regular?

post-560-0-59500800-1358991144_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-97514200-1358991171_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-43725300-1358991187_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-30719500-1358991209_thumb.jpgpost-560-0-61208000-1358991238_thumb.jpgI bought 2 new stock filament type lights that were amber on both sides from Mack about a year ago, and after about 8 months I started getting feedback through the dash turn signal indicators from the running lights, and traced it back to the new lights. I got a set of clear LED's off ebay that are amber on the front and red on the back. I wasn't sure about them at first, but I really like them so far.. Please excuse the filthy truck... I've been running pretty hard so far this week.

Jake

guess every truck that i have seen in my 31 years is wrong. sorry i was just brought up that you NEVER put a red light facing front and NEVER put an amber light facing rear. just like RED marker lights are a No No in most states. its YOUR truck, do what you want. Macks look good anyways but if you have to look cool, get some of those purple or blue lenses the Paccar guys use

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Oh I agree, amber to the front and red to the back.. When I bought my truck, I think the lights were stock, and they were amber on both sides... could have been an add-on though, I'm not sure. Don't the LED's last longer though? I like the fact that you don't have to maintain as strong a connection due to the low amp draw, and they seem to be more vibration resistant.. They sure do cost alot more though. LOL

Jake

Oh I agree, amber to the front and red to the back.. When I bought my truck, I think the lights were stock, and they were amber on both sides... could have been an add-on though, I'm not sure. Don't the LED's last longer though? I like the fact that you don't have to maintain as strong a connection due to the low amp draw, and they seem to be more vibration resistant.. They sure do cost alot more though. LOL

When mack started the slope hoods all the flashers were amber on both sides

Matt

Think super liners used the amber on boths sides and as a bonus some even had the cool marker light on the sides. So when your turn signal was not in use just the side of the signal had a marker light. I always liked those ...

Yep, I guess all sloped hood RD's have the marker light on the side.

Jake

There was a guy in our neck of the woods that bought a powered glider back in the late '80's.When the glider was decked for transport (facing the rear),MACK had spun the turn signals around and made them functional,for the trip.When the glider was completed,they forgot about the red to the rear/amber to the front rule,and the guy got pulled over for not having the turn signals facing the right way!

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

My country's regulations require amber both sides because it's a color for all front and rear turn lights.

When I asked on Watt's a guy told me there are original double amber R-model lights (round) for Australian market.

Although I haven't ended up with that guy but ordered turn lights from Watt's online shop. So they are amber with red now. Will tell heart-breaking story to road police in the future or just try to order 2 spare amber lenses.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...