Turn signals, LED or Regular?

As the topic states, I am switching my turn signals on my RD, They are the square looking ones with dual post. Basically i want to know what your opinion is on these. LED or just the regular. In my opinion the LED looks too bubbly and far out for the style of truck. I was thinking of just going with the regular ones but with the chome on top and sides. Here are some pics.

post-11750-0-76745200-1358965076_thumb.j I think this one is neat because of the chrome on top but im not a fan of seeing everyone putting red in the front of you. I like amber, its soothing to look at :)

post-11750-0-01613900-1358965112_thumb.j Notice how you can see my plain jane one to the right side? I think its overkill

post-11750-0-23699300-1358965306_thumb.j

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I have the ol round style filament bulbs on my B model, with the chrome body. There are fancier versions, with visors and such. I like filament style, but the LED is kinda cool too. I have 4 LED 4" rounds in the back of the truck(very bright). I just bought replacement fixtures for the back of my Haulmark trailer, full LED. A WHOLE lot brighter then the original versions. Get to annoy people behind me with those ridiculous headlights now!

Here's one plac to look:

http://www.class8truckparts.com/category/14278164121/1/Grote-Truck-Lighting.htm

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Brad did you get amber on both sides? that is what I am looking but alll I'm finding is Amber slash red or if I do find to Amber's it's got the circular LED display I prefer the square LED display in all amber

I think you'll find it hard to find twin amber, only due to regulations denoting you must show RED to the rear.

How well do the LED lights work on positive ground?

Most any LEDs will have two wires, allowing to hook them up to "positive" ground system. It won't know the difference actually, it just needs to have power polarity correctly hooked to leads.

Larry

i found dual amber !

http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BRCS/PROD/TSLITS/UP39777

so you are saying its illegal to have led amber in front? i need to show red when braking? i dont show that as of how my current setup even is so i would assume it wouldnt be a problem

• Like 1

Red bulbs must face to the rear. Of course the fact many vehicles have amber rear turn signals, I guess it's a moot point having dual amber front turn signals. Seems I just heard it that way sometime long ago. Maybe that only goes for marker light? Not turn signals.

Larry

im talking about on the same turn signal, where it has two faces but is still in the front of the cab. I'm not even sure anymore lol. The turn signals that are stock on our trucks are double faced with amber to begin with. Has the law changed? I couldn't imagine if it is LED that the law changes when the signal is still mounted in the same place as the old one

signal lights on the front fender are suppose to be red twards the rear and amber twards the front,. been that way forever. never seen all amber on both faces and pretty sure some cop somewhere would have a problem with it. never liked the square signals period. just my opinion. dont even like the superliner signal lights.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Ok, so i decided to go on truck paper and look at examples of other peoples turn signals are mounted on a rd 688s even models that were the newest at 2003 had turn signals amber both ways. In fact i had a hard time finding red toward the back on any of them. I'm not starting an argument but i don't know why people say they have never seen it that way. Anyways, everyone have a good night .

Ok, so i decided to go on truck paper and look at examples of other peoples turn signals are mounted on a rd 688s even models that were the newest at 2003 had turn signals amber both ways. In fact i had a hard time finding red toward the back on any of them. I'm not starting an argument but i don't know why people say they have never seen it that way. Anyways, everyone have a good night .

we have a 2001 and it has amber on both sides since new

Matt

Well, i still havent gone to bed yet lol. What does everyone think of the square led turn signals but with the circular light shape around it? i have been watching a video of it and i thought it might be cool because i really liked circular lights on my old R and since those don't fit i figure it would still show a round look encased in the light. Ever seen that?

Well, i still havent gone to bed yet lol. What does everyone think of the square led turn signals but with the circular light shape around it? i have been watching a video of it and i thought it might be cool because i really liked circular lights on my old R and since those don't fit i figure it would still show a round look encased in the light. Ever seen that?

Its your truck, what you like is what counts

• Like 1

Matt