Wow...Just...Wow.

I guess I see things a bit differently. As mentioned Haiti is among the poorest countries in the world, a few years ago devastating earthquakes added insult to injury there. I have a couple friends who perform missionary work to Haiti from their church in Tampa, FL several times a year. The pictures & stories that they bring back will make you cry and turn your stomach at the same time. The simple fact that these trucks continue to do what they were built to do makes me happy, There is probably just barely enough money to keep them running and no where near enough to maintain them. Had they never been exported they would have been scrapped. Everyone on this board and several other boards want every truck saved. Can't do it, there isn't enough disposable income in our society with the current economy so the next best thing to happen to these trucks is for them to live on doing what they are suppose to do in these less than desirable situations.

I'd still much rather have the trucks stay here where they belong.I know life is rough there,i used to know a couple from Haiti.Their own family and friends robbed them for every dime they made and brought back home.

• Like 1

I guess I see things a bit differently. As mentioned Haiti is among the poorest countries in the world, a few years ago devastating earthquakes added insult to injury there. I have a couple friends who perform missionary work to Haiti from their church in Tampa, FL several times a year. The pictures & stories that they bring back will make you cry and turn your stomach at the same time. The simple fact that these trucks continue to do what they were built to do makes me happy, There is probably just barely enough money to keep them running and no where near enough to maintain them. Had they never been exported they would have been scrapped. Everyone on this board and several other boards want every truck saved. Can't do it, there isn't enough disposable income in our society with the current economy so the next best thing to happen to these trucks is for them to live on doing what they are suppose to do in these less than desirable situations.

I'm with you 100%. I would way rather see them go over there and do what they were made to do for a very long time than see them stay here and get parted out and scrapped. A Mack is a Mack and it's built to get stuff done, no matter where it is :twothumbsup:

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I SOLD A 1977 U MACK DUMP ON 1-19-13 THAT WENT TO HAITI AS MUCH AS I HATE IT I HAVE SOLD HUNDREDS OF MACK TRUCKS TO LAGOS NIGERIA THE NICE TRUCKS I WILL PUT ON EBAY OR CRAIG LIST TO KEEP IN THE USA LOOK UP INDUSTRIAL TRUCK & EQUIPMENT SALES ROANOKE VA I HAVE A LOT OF OLD MACKS FOR SALE THANKS JERRY AYERS

I SOLD A 1977 U MACK DUMP ON 1-19-13 THAT WENT TO HAITI AS MUCH AS I HATE IT I HAVE SOLD HUNDREDS OF MACK TRUCKS TO LAGOS NIGERIA THE NICE TRUCKS I WILL PUT ON EBAY OR CRAIG LIST TO KEEP IN THE USA LOOK UP INDUSTRIAL TRUCK & EQUIPMENT SALES ROANOKE VA I HAVE A LOT OF OLD MACKS FOR SALE THANKS JERRY AYERS

Exporters buy trucks from fleabay/craigs as well...Just sayin

Exporters buy trucks from fleabay/craigs as well...Just sayin

Amen!!!! That is what happened my last MH...had it advertised on CL....US guy told me he was going to use it....use it to export! :angry:

It is a free world so once I have the money and they have the title...they can do as they please. But I will NOT KNOWINGLY sell to an exporter.

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Another thing,why would someone export HUNDRED'S of Macks if they "HATE IT"????I'm SO damn sick of everything being exported from trucks,machinery,tooling to the jobs....!!!Time to stop sending all the stuff that built this country out,and letting everybody who wants to bleed it dry in!!!OK,rant over..

you got a rough road ahead if you think its going to change anytime soon, big companies like ge make millions in tax refunds/credits by having offshore companies. I hate it but I don't think we will get back to fending for ourselves until we hit another (real) great depression and those that are on the govt dime have to fend for themselves and the corporations making all the tax incentives have to make, distribute and sell their products here or go out of business.
  • Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Another thing,why would someone export HUNDRED'S of Macks if they "HATE IT"????I'm SO damn sick of everything being exported from trucks,machinery,tooling to the jobs....!!!Time to stop sending all the stuff that built this country out,and letting everybody who wants to bleed it dry in!!!OK,rant over..

Amen again!! Seems like everything is being exported...jobs, technical knowledge, manufacturing, and the list continues. We as a country are "selling out" to non-US entities. Is there anything left that is wholely US owned? What happened to American Ingenuity, Manufacturing, and PRIDE! I read an article that PA is "selling" the lottery to Great Britian! Say what!?!?!?! Indiana leased their turnpike to a foreign investor. But the bottom line is MONEY and politics. I hate to say it but I am glad I am getting old.

End of my rant for the day!

• Like 2

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

You guy's are both right 100%,everybody has there hand out and want it all for free.Don't get me wrong I like to get a bargain,but I don't mind paying for something and supporting others who deserve it.Simple example here,if I were selling trucks and parts i'd have a banner at the top were it belongs.

• Like 2

Aww s#!%. Was in a little red one, single axle dump? I know that one. Glad you try to keep the better ones here though. If you have any U models could you please post pictures and a serial number. Im a U model fanatic here.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Amen again!! Seems like everything is being exported...jobs, technical knowledge, manufacturing, and the list continues. We as a country are "selling out" to non-US entities. Is there anything left that is wholely US owned? What happened to American Ingenuity, Manufacturing, and PRIDE! I read an article that PA is "selling" the lottery to Great Britian! Say what!?!?!?! Indiana leased their turnpike to a foreign investor. But the bottom line is MONEY and politics. I hate to say it but I am glad I am getting old.

End of my rant for the day!

Jersey Turnpike is now owned by a foreign "investment group" was supposed to be turned over to the state when it was paid for (1977) never gonna happen! to much $$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made off truck revenue!......................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Jersey Turnpike is now owned by a foreign "investment group" was supposed to be turned over to the state when it was paid for (1977) never gonna happen! to much $$$$$$$$$$$$ to be made off truck revenue!......................................Mark

How the hell can this type of stuff happen???I was told a lot of major ports are under foreign control as well!I have NO use for anybody who sends our trucks,machinery or jobs out of the country at this point.Sure wish I was born much earlier than I was,and saw how great we once were..

I think what bothers me most is we make next to NOTHING in this country anymore,we sell all our scrap to foreign countries for pennies on the ton,and it comes back to us as cars,trucks,motorcycles,building materials,etc. things we should have been building in the first place! and paying a premium for them! ,most all the import fees,the trucking/shipping, while the revenue/jobs are all going elsewhere! does'nt make any sense to me! and paying our struggling farmers NOT to grow certain things,and yet we buy them from overseas? WTF is wrong with this picture?...........................................Mark

• Like 2

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.