Fontaine Lowboy

yarnall

How's the cross members? How long is the deck?

The trailer is very solid. I think the deck is 24' to the back. It is set up to pull with a tandem axle.

It would also look good behind any one of the numerous Ralph Smith truck that Mike owns!

That is why I bought it. It is a 1948 Highway. It is really rusty. Hopefully I will get it done some day and pull it behind the LFT or H613. There is a picture of it hooked to the MH in my gallery.

post-7810-0-37199300-1358271494_thumb.jp

Here is a picture of it hooked to my 1964 F715. I should have bought one of the newer trailers to pull behind the MH, but they were too expensive.

Mike

• Like 1

For Sale: 1960's Fontaine, 25 ton, fixed-neck tandem axle lowboy. Walking beam suspension. Ex-US Navy. Needs restoration. Comes with ramps but not attached. $2500 OBO. Located in Douglassville, PA Michael Yarnall 610 764 8283.

attachicon.gifBedroom floor, lowboys 009.JPGattachicon.gifresized lowboys 007.jpgattachicon.gifresized lowboys 008.jpgattachicon.gifresized lowboys 012.jpg

Mike, I'm A gonna give you a call, I have a 1967 Brockway 260 tandem X Navy truck repowered by the US with a PT-270 Cummins with about 38,000 mi, that would be a perfect combo!

BULLHUSK

The trailer is very solid. I think the deck is 24' to the back. It is set up to pull with a tandem axle.

That is why I bought it. It is a 1948 Highway. It is really rusty. Hopefully I will get it done some day and pull it behind the LFT or H613. There is a picture of it hooked to the MH in my gallery.

attachicon.gifRalph G Smith Original Photos042.jpg

Here is a picture of it hooked to my 1964 F715. I should have bought one of the newer trailers to pull behind the MH, but they were too expensive.

Mike

Sorry Mike

That's not the same trailer, this is #T-98 also a Highway but was stretched to a 40' nine horse trailer and was converted to air ride with tandem axles and 15" wheels.

There were originally five of these trailers, #'s T-91,T-92,T-93,T-94(which Mike now owns) and T-98.

#T-93 and # T-94 remained six horse trailers all there life. I think they were 32' to start with. #T-93 remained painted cream and red it's entire life.

#T-92 and #T-98 were stretched to 40' nine horse trailers and converted to air ride with tandem axles and 15" wheels. #T-98 remained painted cream and red it's entire life.

And believe it or not #T-91 was stretched twice during it's lifetime first to 40' to make it a nine horse trailer and then to 45' to make it a twelve horse trailer!

Ron

If you guys figure out an all Navy truck trailer combo you can haul this around. It is a Massey Harris Navy tractor. They only produced six of these to be used as a tug and this is the only one left. It would look really good sitting on a Navy trailer pulled by a Navy truck!

post-12015-0-80302700-1358443127_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...