Good morning Chuck P.

Thanks for the reply and the memories. I worked at HERMS when they had a garage near Olden Ave and State St. before moving to 620 Pear St. near the Brunswick Circle. They had a few green B model Macks, red/white R and U Macks and a fleet of white F models. They were van and flatbed trailers and hauled mostly trees, Duraflame firelogs and Kingsford products. The terminal now is a school bus yard for Ricks Bus Lines I think.

I worked for H.M.Royal on Pennington Ave and used to haul a bulk tanker into Stokes Molded Products. My Dad also hauled for Shein's Express around 1949 I think. My step-father worked at AAA for quite a few years too when their terminal was located on New York Ave near Olden Ave. before the Quakerbridge Rd terminal. H.M.Royal is still in business but has no trucks anymore.

It has been an honor speaking with you and I thank you for allowing me to recall the past. Have a great day.

Update,

I have been in contact with Mr. Toms Royal from H.M.Royal, Inc. in Trenton, N.J. and he is going to send me some pics of some of the trucks that they used to have. I'll be sure to post them when I receive them. Now all I need is someone who remembers HERMS Trucking Inc. or has some pictures of their trucks. Thanks to everyone who reads this NJ Mack page and to all of us veterans, Happy Memorial Day, and thanks for your service and sacrifice.

I would like to put a request out there to all the NJ Mack readers. I have asked anyone for any memories or photos of any HERMS Trucking and HMRoyal from Trenton, NJ. I am retiring this computer at the end of June because it fails more than it works and my Internet service too. I won't have any access for quite awhile if at all so I was hoping that someone might know of some photos or another person with some to share on this site. Thanks for any help and here's hoping for shot at some good old memories.

• 4 weeks later...

I wish to extend a thank you to anyone who has read this thread but had no information or pictures of Herms Trucking of Trenton NJ. They were in business during the 1960's-1970's and I was hoping to be able to see some pics of their fleet of Macks. My computer is almost dead and will be retired next week and I so wished for a couple of pics before that happened. Oh well thanks for trying fellow bulldog fans maybe I'll be able to see some on someone else's computer. Have a great ride.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone. I finally got to use a WIFI site and see if anyone on this NJ Mack site has ever heard of Herms Trucking Inc out of Trenton, NJ. I used to work for them until their bankruptcy in the early 1980,s. I hope someone has any information or truck pictures to pass on. Thanks and I will keep watching. Navypoppop

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Good morning all NJ "dogs",

I hope everyone had a very joyous Thanksgiving. I need to know if this thread is dead or not. I have tried to find out information on a long ago Trenton trucking company but to no avail. I was hoping that there were some old timers that remembered Herms Trucking or had some pictures to share of their equipment. I do not know where to search other than here and I hope someone out there can help. Thanks again and Happy Holidays to everyone. Navypoppop

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought I would make one last attempt at reviving memories from the 1960's-1970's in Trenton. I am looking for any information and pictures about HERMS Trucking that was in business during then. They started near Perawel Trucking on State St. and moved to 620 Pear St. near the Brunswick Circle where they grew rapidly. They had dry vans and flatbeds and a large fleet of B, U, R and F models that were red/white. They hauled Duraflame Firelogs, Kingsford Charcoal and nursery stock [trees and shrubs] all throughout the Northeast. I appreciate any and all replies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...