Made my first batch

dds92780

So i have to work tomorrow and i am i the dump business. I knew that i was going to need a hudson sprayer or some sort of sprayer so i go out to farm and fleet and buy a hudson sprayer. I spent forever trying to figure out how to install it. Even went on youtube. Then after careful examination i was missing a vital part. I then went to menards and bought an offbrand Chapin i think. I get it home and its allready installed just put the top on and go. That was easy wasnt it? So i go in the garage and i proceed to mix a gallon of water with a bunch of cups full of calcium chloride flakes i bought last year and i mixed it with a painting stick used to stir paint, got the mixture good to go, put the sprayer in a 2-3 gallon bucket, attatched bungee cords , leaving it all outside and i hope to have a great day tomorrow :) I used to use vegetable oil, vegetable spray etc . Took me three years to get the picture lol

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

I don't get it. You made salt water? What for?

We just drive about 2 miles and can get BILLIONS of gallons of salt water

Heard them people from the land of lincoln can be strange

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

So i have to work tomorrow and i am i the dump business. I knew that i was going to need a hudson sprayer or some sort of sprayer so i go out to farm and fleet and buy a hudson sprayer. I spent forever trying to figure out how to install it. Even went on youtube. Then after careful examination i was missing a vital part. I then went to menards and bought an offbrand Chapin i think. I get it home and its allready installed just put the top on and go. That was easy wasnt it? So i go in the garage and i proceed to mix a gallon of water with a bunch of cups full of calcium chloride flakes i bought last year and i mixed it with a painting stick used to stir paint, got the mixture good to go, put the sprayer in a 2-3 gallon bucket, attatched bungee cords , leaving it all outside and i hope to have a great day tomorrow :) I used to use vegetable oil, vegetable spray etc . Took me three years to get the picture lol

We made a 55 gallon drum batch of "Chloride" once that was lil' strong. The damn drum got so hot you couldn't touch it. Sat it outside untill it calmed down. -Brad

Ps. Those sprayers are always a pain in the ass.

we weren't supposed to, but sometimes we'd put diesel fuel in a sprayer and spray the inside walls on chip trailers so the chips would come out when they were frozen. It was either that, or get up in there and dig them loose with a grubbing hoe. I brought about 5 tons of chips back to the woodyard that was frozen in the van one time. Payed less of course, but better than me having a heart attack trying to dig out frozen wood chips.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

we weren't supposed to, but sometimes we'd put diesel fuel in a sprayer and spray the inside walls on chip trailers so the chips would come out when they were frozen. It was either that, or get up in there and dig them loose with a grubbing hoe. I brought about 5 tons of chips back to the woodyard that was frozen in the van one time. Payed less of course, but better than me having a heart attack trying to dig out frozen wood chips.

Back when I hauled chips and sawdust from the saw mill we had the motto that; what don't slide will ride. The mill foreman didn't think much of it but I was not digging his chippys and sawdust out of the trailer. We got paid by the trip so it didn't bother us.

• Like 1

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Back when I hauled chips and sawdust from the saw mill we had the motto that; what don't slide will ride. The mill foreman didn't think much of it but I was not digging his chippys and sawdust out of the trailer. We got paid by the trip so it didn't bother us.

did you haul to Covington or Luke for Westvaco?

Used to splash diesel in the box when hauling asphalt. Now, some kind of "soap" stuff they call it.

Worked like shit.

don't need to worry about that lately

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

So i went to use it this morning and the hose attatchment was frozen. i had to take it inside and let the hose sit in the bathtub with warm water lol. 5 mins later hooked her back up. sprayed it all down, not one thing got stuck in the box today :)

I got home and made the solution even stronger and sprayed for a few mins to hopefully prevent the hose from freezing. Before i put it away i relieved all the pressure too

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

When we were hauling clay in the winter I would get to the yard at the end of the day,fuel the truck up and then I would spray about a gallon in the box. The next day would go flawless. I had a little pump sprayer with fuel in it that I used for the sides and hoist house in the nose. About mid day I would spray the sides to keep it wet and that box would stay an ice rink all winter long.

Diesel fuel in a dump bed? My lord what has the world come to? I'm calling my local EPA office right now! The same office that came to the asphalt plant and shut us all down (bout 20 trucks and the plant) till we cleaned up the diesel contamination and started using EPA approved asphalt release agent at $10/gal of course if you dilute it with about 4gallons of diesel it worked better!

• Like 2

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

So i went to use it this morning and the hose attatchment was frozen. i had to take it inside and let the hose sit in the bathtub with warm water lol. Before i put it away i relieved all the pressure too

Hmmm, sounds like a personal problem to me! :whistling:

• Like 1

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

When I read in some ads about dump trucks for sale and their bodies rotted through and gone off I was surprized. Solid metal dump bodies...

Salt water is perfect to make the effect!

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Both of them. Chippys from Riverton WV went to Stinky City (Covington) and Luke MD. The sawdust from MT Storm and Riverton went to Parsons WV.

I might have seen you there. H.H. Moore was a contract carrier for Westvaco for years and years. I hauled many,many loads of chips to Covington from Dillwyn and Howardsville in the '80's, then we started hauling long wood. We hauled the pulpwood from the new yard on rt. 60 in Buckingham about 5 or 6 miles west of Mt. Rush. Hauled mainly to Covington, went to Luke when there was too much snow in western Maryland for the locals to work in the woods, took the logs to GP in Emporia.

I liked hauling pulpwood, if you didn't have a load going up the road- like my case now- you could always go to the woodyard and run a load or 2 of wood to Covington. I liked to just stay there and haul wood all the time.

They got rid of most of the chip vans and got log trailers when they switched from chipping at the woodyard to hauling the wood to the mill. Then Westvaco went back to wanting chips, and opened a new chip mill north of Dillwyn on rt. 15, so Larry Moore didn't want to get a bunch of chip trailers again, sold the log trailers, and quit fooling with forest products.