Made my first batch

dds92780

well i could use diesel if that is better. i have seen some guys do that

As long as no one sees you do it(like EPA or DOT). Just like was mentioned, they get real pissy about diesel being poured all over the ground(ie: mixed in with dirt/gravel/asphalt, etc)

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

As long as no one sees you do it(like EPA or DOT). Just like was mentioned, they get real pissy about diesel being poured all over the ground(ie: mixed in with dirt/gravel/asphalt, etc)

yeah, lots of places used to put used motor oil on gravel roads and parking lots. Kept the dust down, plus it would pack down hard as concrete, but you can't do that any more either.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I might have seen you there. H.H. Moore was a contract carrier for Westvaco for years and years. I hauled many,many loads of chips to Covington from Dillwyn and Howardsville in the '80's, then we started hauling long wood. We hauled the pulpwood from the new yard on rt. 60 in Buckingham about 5 or 6 miles west of Mt. Rush. Hauled mainly to Covington, went to Luke when there was too much snow in western Maryland for the locals to work in the woods, took the logs to GP in Emporia.

I liked hauling pulpwood, if you didn't have a load going up the road- like my case now- you could always go to the woodyard and run a load or 2 of wood to Covington. I liked to just stay there and haul wood all the time.

They got rid of most of the chip vans and got log trailers when they switched from chipping at the woodyard to hauling the wood to the mill. Then Westvaco went back to wanting chips, and opened a new chip mill north of Dillwyn on rt. 15, so Larry Moore didn't want to get a bunch of chip trailers again, sold the log trailers, and quit fooling with forest products.

Yeah I remember seeing H.H. Moore trucks at Covington. It was fun backing on the old dump at Covington with a truck that didn't cut short. I drove for Ruddle Trucking out of Riverton WV in the '90's. They had several trucks that hauled chips, sawdust, and lumber for Alleghany Wood Products.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

I have a hose reel mounted to the frame right next to my fuel tank and an electric fuel pump mounted in line,works great for spraying the bed down for hauling asphalt or during the winter when running loads of dirt or stone..

Yeah I remember seeing H.H. Moore trucks at Covington. It was fun backing on the old dump at Covington with a truck that didn't cut short. I drove for Ruddle Trucking out of Riverton WV in the '90's. They had several trucks that hauled chips, sawdust, and lumber for Alleghany Wood Products.

They had the old dump,the new dump, and the swamp when I last hauled chips. I never dumped on the new dumps they have now. I've waited in the chip line for hours to get dumped on the old dump, all for $30 a load from Dillwyn. When I last hauled wood lots a times a chip truck would come in and be unloaded and gone before you'd get a load of wood off.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

well i could use diesel if that is better. i have seen some guys do that

diesel works good for keeping just about anything from sticking but it aint cheap, for a steel bed like we have down here diesel is the best choice since it doesnt speed corrosion it actually slows it down, for an aluminum trailer I dont think you would be able to tell a difference and the stuff your using is more than likely cheaper to make.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

They had the old dump,the new dump, and the swamp when I last hauled chips. I never dumped on the new dumps they have now. I've waited in the chip line for hours to get dumped on the old dump, all for $30 a load from Dillwyn. When I last hauled wood lots a times a chip truck would come in and be unloaded and gone before you'd get a load of wood off.

I have spent a lot of time in that line. I did't get to dump on the new dump either. I dumped in the swamp 1 time. Sometimes when hauling chip out of Riverton we could go to Luke. Right in and right out in no time. Those were the good days.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.