Chicago R models

On 4/15/2018 at 5:30 PM, Nobody454 said:

they pick the trailers up at a yard just outside the fence at ups.  where the ups spotter puts the trailer so the "contractors" can haul them

Not at my building which is where he is coming from. Every Monday and Tuesday we have contractors going hub to hub and some are even doing pickup accounts. We keep filing grievances and they just keep paying. We even have some guys working their vacations. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2018 at 9:45 PM, upsman said:
7 hours ago, PeterMack said:

Saw this for sale on Elmhurst Rd the other day in Elk Grove. I don't know anything about it, just got a quick pic as I went by.

IMG_20180420_125848130.jpg

Looks  like the old O'Hare Factory Branch lot,Brian. Is that at Schmitt's Truck  Repair? If so,that's  what everybody  called "Elk Grove Mack" ,back in the  day. What a fitting  place for an R model  to be parked! 

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, storkmack said:

I’m not a huge fan of Galberth trailers, as far as looks, but I like how that one  is set up.   Make it a smooth side and I really like it.  

I like the spring ride dual wheel set up on my trailer you can have those dog tracking super single air ride junk trailstar trailers the other guys pull at welch.

OYea those super singles don t look right they seen to rut the jobsite more. And I'm too old to have air ride after 28 years  of springs 6 years on Hendrickson and 22 years on camelback. I love my RD but really like that hood on ranchhopper s the 01 6 wheeler  was like that