Chicago R models

Forgot to post the before picture of Tom Bisognani's truck as Doug Maney found it......& after in the 4th of July parade in Arlington Heights,Ill.

[Al, That front bumper on Tom's truck looks a lot like the one on your BCR. Is there any connection? Jake/quote]

Actually,Jake its painted black.He just has the "Honor Flight Chicago" banner covering it.It does look like its aluminum behind the lettering,doesn't it?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Took this picture over the summer of this sharp R-model on the scale at ADM in Mendota. I usually see this truck

running around the I-80 I-39 area. I've seen it pulling a dump trailer before also and have been next to it at a light,

it's a clean truck. There is also a really nice single stack, black Superliner running around down that way but I

can't ever seem to get a picture of it.

The black Superliner you speak of would be Jim Miller from Mazon,IL. , you can't get a picture of him cuz he always on the move.

Here is one for you Robert

Thanks. I think that is the Mercedes that Gilder used to drive. I have a whole box of old photos, but I lent them to a friend and haven't gotten them back yet. You have some pretty good old photos, keep posting them!

Over the holidays I was at my aunt and uncles where I borrowed some pictures. These are all pictures of pictures but you will

get the idea. My uncle bought this R new in either 86/87. Had a 300/6. In the first couple pics the truck was brand new, then he got

it lettered and eventually added front budd wheels. One day in the gravel pit a loader backed into the passenger side and crushed

the air cleaner and did some other damage so the R was painted grey. He sold it and bought the grey CH which is still running

around on its third owner now. The R was turned into a six wheeler by the second owner and I'm not sure if he still has it or not.

Your family has had some very sharp trucks over the years. I think your uncles R looked best in red with the spokes and all that paint offset by the chrome bumper.

How about some Hendrickson pics?

Why????????????????????

Some of these fleets also ran Hendricksons and there is an ongoing thread on here devoted to them.

• Like 1

Jim