Chicago R models

8 hours ago, PeterMack said:

Yeah, I was surprised Jim let that truck go. He was in the right place at the right time. Looks like it went to a good home. Stan looks like he's having a fun time with it. I saw he got it lettered this weekend.

18010684_1392732637432172_5876863959876362701_n.jpg

Stan and Lisa stopped by yesterday they were taking it for a sunday drive.

32 minutes ago, PeterMack said:

Saw this on Pete's A Towing Facebook page. Not sure where it happened. I don't recognise the truck. Bad day for that R model.

10371368_10153190902882717_6927175009469966966_n.jpg

11227857_10153190902742717_289218309572450940_n.jpg

12042857_10153190902052717_8699049587910698268_n.jpg

12047108_10153190902767717_5844091189735902055_n.jpg

Saw you today on 20 in the red and black pete I'm surprised you recognized me my truck doesn't look even close to what the rest of the gravel fleet looks like.

4 minutes ago, PeterMack said:

That's the only reason I do recognize it. It's actually red, not mud colored. I had my borrowed dump wagon on. Mine is waiting for new paint and lights. I always get a wave from the guy in the Welch Pete. When I had my red/silver Pete he would always wave. Looks like an old Bell Land stubby truck.

That was a Bell lowboy truck that's what he calls it too ole stubby I need to acidize my trailer its pretty dirty but with the dust its hard enough to keep the tractor clean.

• Like 1

never drove one but I thought they made for a great straight truck. I recall a local fleet that had red RB tractors pulling end dumps. They looked up to the task but I have not seen them in a while. I know ABC still had a few and possibly North field Block has a few left running around.

So today  I was in the six wheeler and tag  with the 75xt on back got on 55 south by rt 30 and going north  about maybe 6:30 I saw the very sharp  and clean stark r model going north  got too excited  to get a pic very cool 

1 hour ago, wrenchguy said:

This is my sons house moving r model jockeying  a new piece equipment into his shop last friday.  It came down from belmont machine in aurora permitted mostly US-6 to gary.  Maybe some of you may have seen it creeping along. I don't know who got it to the shop.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

hell of a lathe

1 hour ago, mackey58 said:

So today  I was in the six wheeler and tag  with the 75xt on back got on 55 south by rt 30 and going north  about maybe 6:30 I saw the very sharp  and clean stark r model going north  got too excited  to get a pic very cool 

That would have been my brother, north bound and down for Arlington Heights!

Edited by storkmack

4 hours ago, wrenchguy said:

This is my sons house moving r model jockeying  a new piece equipment into his shop last friday.  It came down from belmont machine in aurora permitted mostly US-6 to gary.  Maybe some of you may have seen it creeping along. I don't know who got it to the shop.

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

Looks like a Heavy spec R model...Dont see many of these working around Chicago anymore.

I don't know exactly what is is, only its a 87 he went to mt. joy pennsylvania about 8 year ago to get it.  it had 17,000 miles on it. it had special mack dash placs on it recognizing the original buyer, Pondish Trucking.  My son calls it his house mover.  it has 18,500 miles on it now.  He only has 1987 r models, year he was born. thanks 4 commenting.

On 4/29/2017 at 8:19 AM, mackey58 said:

Some Saturday  I need to take a road trip to Marengo to see  the stark shop and all the dogs glad I don't live close I d be under foot all the time

Mackey, the Maggio show is on May 20th,you could  swing by  the Stark shop and then head to Rockford after that? That is as long as you  don't  make a mess of yourself  while checking  out  the fine  selection  of  BULLDOG'S on Railroad  St. in Marengo!   LOL! Al  

• Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

9 hours ago, mackey58 said:

Planning on going to maggio s show if I'm not working hell if it keeps raining  I'll be off

Me too,Bill!   Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA