Chicago R models

20 hours ago, ranchhopper said:

Mine has done the same thing for months now I think like me your at the amount of space allotted for pictures you have to delete some from your stored ones on your profile.

I don't really know what I'm doing lol, but I think I went to where you were talking about and it say I have lots of room. Now if I deleted pics from this file would it delete them from this post? 

IMG_1321.PNG

I was hauling CA-6 to a job today and saw a couple of the last remaining yazel trailers being pulled by south of the border junk. How ironic is it trailers from one of the pioneers of gravel hauling in this area being pulled by the very people that are going to put the last of the remaining anglo gravel haulers out of business seems sacrilegious to me.

• Like 2

Lol yea man those were cool cards.it's a good old trailer everything  works needs a new tarp system cause ta can't get parts any more I think they gave 5 grand for it needed a new gate that was 4500.ran it 2 years  got new suspension  2500. The boss is happy  I hope lol

1 hour ago, Nobody454 said:

I don't think Nagel ever built another Axle trailer? Did they?

I never heard of  them putting  one together. Heard there was enough  materials  to do that with when they bought Axle,but never built one to sell anyway. Might have done some extensive  rebuilding  of their  own trailers ?  I know a good  friend  of  mine tried  to convince Bruce  to build them again, but he didn't  sound  too interested.   Al   

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

2 hours ago, mackey58 said:

How long was axle in business I know nagel bought the patent s I think

Axle had been in business  since like the 40's anyway. Have an old brochure  I got from Mr. Stark that showed  tandem conversion  kits for single  axle trucks(maybe  where the Axle name comes in?) I know  my old boss  bought a brand new Galion  dump  trailer  from them in '63,before  they built  their  own. He ordered a new Axle trailer in late '68. From what  I  understand,Nagel  bought the name and everything that went with  it.  Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA