New member from Ohio

Buickwrench

Hi all. Marty DiMichele from Ohio. Proud owner of a 1987 RW713 Superliner. AKA the Beast!. 4500 original mile, this truck is a 35 ton wrecker unit originally ownedby the US government. It lived in a missile silow in sunny california. Excellent condition with the exception of a weak aged compressor. May need some info on rebuild vs. replacement. No leaks as far as i can hear, just has no volume and builds slowly. I will peruse the other topics and post. Thanks!

Superliner. 4500 miles and a Wrecker? How does it get any better?

The rule of the site, if you don't have pictures it never happened / you don't own it so post pictures ASAP so we don't call Shenanigans.

Welcome to the site. Many great people here and a few whack jobs.

Welcome!

I guess I'll have to be the first to ask:

What part of Ohio are you from?

I believe you are the third person to ask "where in OH"?

P.S. I wish one of the requirements for registration is to list where you are from. No location = no registration (i.e. no posting).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Proud owner of a 1987 RW713 Superliner. AKA the Beast!. 4500 original mile, this truck is a 35 ton wrecker unit originally ownedby the US government. It lived in a missile silow in sunny california.

Would you be specific on YOUR location if you owned this????? :notworthy:

Just think on how many "new" friends he would have on here??

Ringggggggggg. "Eh, Hi Marty, this is your (new found) friend __________(fill in your name). Um, I got this new toy and it's really heavy and I was wondering what you are doing this Saturday?? Busy eh? Well, how about next Tuesday evening around 6? Still busy? How about Thursday?" :whistling:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Ok,ok... First, thanks for the warm welcome! Pics are coming when I get in to work tomorrow morning. I'm sure someone can tell me how and where to post them. Next, I am in Columbia Station Ohio, in the snowless Cleveland area (in the towing business) so I have time to show the Beast some love. Couple small leaks to address and the above mentioned air issue. It's a hugely powerful truck with one of the best transmissions I have ever driven. 12speed took a little getting used to, but I caught on quickly.

To attach pics...

At the bottom of the page below the "Reply to this topic" window, click on the "More Reply Options" button. Then at the bottom you will see "Attach Files". Use the browse button to locate your pic file and then click "Attach This File". Do this for each pic you want to attach. As a final check, click the "Preview Post" button. At the top of the screen will be your post. If it is okay click "Add Reply". Good luck and we can't wait to see pics of your Superdog.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

post-13399-0-04671600-1355444493_thumb.jpost-13399-0-75201700-1355444537_thumb.jpost-13399-0-94974200-1355444603_thumb.jpost-13399-0-10410100-1355444629_thumb.jpost-13399-0-60549000-1355444694_thumb.j

For all you non-believers... It's very real.now please help me with my brake problem... Drove my Pete today and towed a loaded dump. Missing Big Mack terribly going up a grade! What else can you guys tell me about Big Mack. Need a VIN? He lived in sunny SoCal in an earlier life. More than likely a nuke hauler. The NRC wheel lift was added after. It weighs in just shy of 53000# Check out the Australian Mack emblems on the pylon>

Edited by Buickwrench
  • Like 1