$550,000,000!

JTFormula

So who got lottery tickets for tonight's Powerball lottery? I wouldn't have to look at $2,500 B Models any more. Heck I'd have to buy a warehouse to fit my car/truck collection I would amass.

Of course I would take care of family and maybe give a few to some good friends. Then buy a nice road trip vehicle and travel the country. See all 48 continential states, then head up to Alaska. I don't think I can drive to Hawaii.

Hell I'll throw one heck of a party for all you BMT members too! Maybe give away a truck to some lucky person.

• Like 1

550,000,000 sounds great, of course your chances of winning are pretty bad your actually more likely to be struck by lightning twice or injured by your toilet seat than win. If you won the $550,000,000 then you would be pestered by media, friends and family for the rest of your life, and several people would consider you a horrible ass and basically disown you if you didn't give them money. If you wona and took the pay out you would lose around 35% the amount changes, then if you put your money in the bank you would have to pay more taxes on your bank account every year. I did not get a ticket, never have and never will.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

550,000,000 sounds great, of course your chances of winning are pretty bad your actually more likely to be struck by lightning twice or injured by your toilet seat than win. If you won the $550,000,000 then you would be pestered by media, friends and family for the rest of your life, and several people would consider you a horrible ass and basically disown you if you didn't give them money.

-I would claim the winnings using an attorney- Pennsylvania has provisions for anonymous winners. As for when word does get out- I'll give money to those who I love and want to give it to. For those who disown me- fukkum!

If you wona and took the pay out you would lose around 35% the amount changes, then if you put your money in the bank you would have to pay more taxes on your bank account every year. I did not get a ticket, never have and never will.

I would of course pay the taxes owed on the initial winnings. After that, an off-shore account in an island country somewhere methinks would be proper- with occasional visits to said island country to inspect the rum.....err ahh I mean my bank account(s)

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

...and I'd take the lump sum payout. Federal taxes on the "rich" are gonna jump here in a couple weeks...gotta claim it while the taxes are still "low" or else you'll lose another 4% to the feds. But then again, if somebody wanted to give me $550,000,000....and I could have it all right now if I would accept 35% less, that would STILL be $357,500,000 more than I've got right now...and if the feds want their 35% cut, I'd still be left with $232,375,000 more than I've got right now. But of course the state would want their 5% of the $357,500,000 too...so that's another $17,875,000 off the top which would STILL leave me with $214,500,000 more than I've got right now. Take the $107,136 that I owe for stuff right now (mortgage, student loan, etc.) and I'd have $214,392,864 left to do whatever the heck I felt like doing with $214,392,864.

At $3000/acre, that would buy 71,000 acres (just shy of 111 square miles) with $1,392,864 left over. Of course if I could find land cheaper, I'd buy more of it. Take $250,000 to build a modest home and decent size shop right smack dab in the center of that acreage, and I'd still have $1,142,864 left over to live off of the interest. I'd LOVE to have a 20+ mile long 2-track dirt road for a driveway...a driveway so "bad" that ya gotta either have a 4x4 or a Mack to get up to the house. Of course it'd have to be "off the grid"....solar, wind, and backup generator for power...my own well for water, and septic for sewage. Cell phones wouldn't reach the house...so no phone.

Yup...that's what I'd do if I won. Like I said, I'd have all but about $1 million spent by the end of the week....get the acreage into a timber harvest rotation so I'd only pay ag rates on the property taxes (not to mention the extra income from the timber sales) with the intrest off that $1M to pay to fix stuff when it broke.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!