Central PA Macks

Wish i'd chimed in sooner,best breakfast around is at Jennies Diner,right off of 30 just east of Lancaster,not a lot of truck parking,but the food is EXCELLANT!......................................................Mark

Yes I heard Jennies is a great restaurant. I couldn't think of the name but I always see a lot of trucks sitting in the parking lot.

Maybe slpwlker will go there instead of Friendly's.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yes there really is a Jenny, she's my neighbor. I was thinking somebody told me she sold that, and bought what used to be the Hungry Man on route 41 just south of 30. You won't leave hungry!!!

Real good place to eat as well,i used to run 41 through DE and PA up to 30 when i was headed west,usually get on the pike at Harrisburg east.............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I caught that MH 5-6 years ago. The wheels have been turned.

100_0958.jpg100_0957.jpg

I used to stop at The Chuck Stop on RT 41 in Gap whenever I was in the area. The owner was quite a character and a great host. He would go around to each table and do magic tricks for the customers. I believe the restaurant closed after he passed way a few years ago.

• Like 1

Jim

I caught that MH 5-6 years ago. The wheels have been turned.

100_0958.jpg100_0957.jpg

I used to stop at The Chuck Stop on RT 41 in Gap whenever I was in the area. The owner was quite a character and a great host. He would go around to each table and do magic tricks for the customers. I believe the restaurant closed after he passed way a few years ago.

Used to have quite the busty waitress in there a few years back,but of course i only stopped for the scrapple/eggs..............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 4 weeks later...

i have a 56 ford pickup with the same door handle except i think mine has a 30 yr old pair of real vise grips and not the china junk haha, use to be a few agway trucks up my way til some farmer screwed them over and they were bought out. they had a really nice Superdog with a stainless wing on the roof and one on the hood with dual stacks to pull a fertilizer van trailer.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Theres a farm up here and the guy only runs old Macks and a newer Kenworth. He has a steel green dash DM with an Agway body, a red R model, a blue R model and these all have them grain bodies. He's also got a green RB tri axle dump and a old 70's steel nosed RD tri axle with a crap tanker on it. Let me tell you that is a beast. Ol' steel nose with big floaters on the front....

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

came from Wyoming and really dont wanna sell it. its not all hacked up but someone put a 360 in it which i wnana yank and put the original Y block back in it. would like to restore it someday. its really solid. had some tire kicker wanna offer me 5 grand for it the other day. i can still put up pictures if you want. i know where theres another about 10 miles from my house, might even be a 6 cyl .

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Had to make a run to the welding shop for steel on Tuesday and saw a CH "farm truck" :

outnabout010.jpg

The bed in the background belongs to a red R:

outnabout008.jpg

Just up the road was this 98,000 mile '89 R model which is for sale @ $12,500

outnabout006.jpg

outnabout007.jpg

No U models, but I saw a forklift with an offset cab:

outnaboutzz.png

Haha, that R model looks nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sunday was a nice day here in central PA. After I went to the "stuffit buffit" at Hoss's I took a drive to Huntingdon to take pics of the Mack Fs. They are parked along the south side of Route 22 just east of Miller's Restaurant (which is east of Huntingdon about 3 miles). I am kicking myself since that is where I stopped for lunch in January. If I had my "Mack sniffer" on I would have been able to take some pics then.

Only one was visible but there are seven (7) in total. There was another COE that I think is a Peterbilt but could not tell for sure. Several had an extension on the back of the cab. Was this a factory option or aftermarket? Also a tree grew around the RH mirror. I tried to take some pics of the others but too much of a jungle. I am not a fan of poison ivy, wasps, and snakes so I will go back another day in the winter and take some more pics. I think the only thing keeping the cabs intact is the paint. From what I saw there is MAJOR RUST everywhere.

The truck shop across the highway has Huntingdon Motor Company painted on the building and there is an old Mack logo painted on the building however the dog is now a pig with a bulldog face (WTF?). There are a bunch of Peterbilts sitting around (some roadworthy some not). I think a local trucking company is using the building. According to Google, HMC is located closer to the town of Huntingdon.

post-3289-0-11202600-1377511564_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-06269200-1377511574_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-49247600-1377511590_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-80627700-1377511603_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-89681700-1377511615_thumb.jp

post-3289-0-42306700-1377511627_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ken

Sunday was a nice day here in central PA. After I went to the "stuffit buffit" at Hoss's I took a drive to Huntingdon to take pics of the Mack Fs. They are parked along the south side of Route 22 just east of Miller's Restaurant (which is east of Huntingdon about 3 miles). I am kicking myself since that is where I stopped for lunch in January. If I had my "Mack sniffer" on I would have been able to take some pics then.

Only one was visible but there are seven (7) in total. There was another COE that I think is a Peterbilt but could not tell for sure. Several had an extension on the back of the cab. Was this a factory option or aftermarket? Also a tree grew around the RH mirror. I tried to take some pics of the others but too much of a jungle. I am not a fan of poison ivy, wasps, and snakes so I will go back another day in the winter and take some more pics. I think the only thing keeping the cabs intact is the paint. From what I saw there is MAJOR RUST everywhere.

The truck shop across the highway has Huntingdon Motor Company painted on the building and there is an old Mack logo painted on the building however the dog is now a pig with a bulldog face (WTF?). There are a bunch of Peterbilts sitting around (some roadworthy some not). I think a local trucking company is using the building. According to Google, HMC is located closer to the town of Huntingdon.

Those trucks are restorable. Too bad they sit in there and rot. One would look good by your MH, and I can deal with the bees, and poison ivy. I cant deal with the snakes.

Here are pictures I took of them 2 years ago. The former North Penn day cabs are at a different location. You can see that the Paccar is a KW. I talked to the guy at the shop across the street. They are not affiliated with the F models. He said the guy who owns them will not sell. Did you see the Indiana down the road?

Mike

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9985-raystown-mack-f-models-045/

Here are pictures I took of them 2 years ago. The former North Penn day cabs are at a different location. You can see that the Paccar is a KW. I talked to the guy at the shop across the street. They are not affiliated with the F models. He said the guy who owns them will not sell. Did you see the Indiana down the road?

Mike

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/gallery/image/9985-raystown-mack-f-models-045/

Looks like they have not moved since you took the pics. I did not see the Indiana...is it more to east? If so I did not venture past the Fs. I knew the Paccar was not a F but could not see well enough to know if it was a Pete or KW.

Ken