Central PA Macks

Here is that MH when it was still in Downingtown.

That is definitely an ex-Martin's Pastry truck. It looks like an early model - MACK mirrors and rounded foot steps.

Early 60s Dodge....looks like the one on Lassie (only stepside).

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

• 2 months later...

Friday morning after breakfast with Mike, I headed west on Old Route 22. On top of Cresson mountain is Cresson Ridge Diesel. The sun was shining so I took this pic of an old Mack sign in front of CRD. If I remember correctly, they were a Mack dealer.

post-3289-0-22154400-1365348361_thumb.jp

Ken

Friday morning after breakfast with Mike, I headed west on Old Route 22. On top of Cresson mountain is Cresson Ridge Diesel. The sun was shining so I took this pic of an old Mack sign in front of CRD. If I remember correctly, they were a Mack dealer.

Utica Mack in Utica New York has that same sign on a big pole outside of their building.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I tried to buy Horner Macks old sign when they changed to the "new" style logo,some S.O.B stole it before i could get the deal done!...............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

All the times I have been thru Breezewood, I don't remember that one. Seen a bunch of R's on my way to Lancaster though. Anything good to Eat out here?

If you are talking Breezewood....NO, just fast food. I was on my way to Lancaster to visit Outback Toys in Lititz. They are having their customer appreciation days (Friday and Saturday). I have never been to Outback and needed a "mental health break". I am going back to Altoona on Saturday morning.

I ate lunch at Oregon Farm (north of Lancaster off 222) - lunch stuffit buffit. :blink:

Anyone near Lititz want to meet for breakfast on Friday or Saturday morning? One (well actually several) place I like is the Litiitz Family Cupboard.

Ken

If you are talking Breezewood....NO, just fast food. I was on my way to Lancaster to visit Outback Toys in Lititz. They are having their customer appreciation days (Friday and Saturday). I have never been to Outback and needed a "mental health break". I am going back to Altoona on Saturday morning.

I ate lunch at Oregon Farm (north of Lancaster off 222) - lunch stuffit buffit. :blink:

Anyone near Lititz want to meet for breakfast on Friday or Saturday morning? One (well actually several) place I like is the Litiitz Family Cupboard.

I meant Lancaster,Pa. Just going to order something in then go out to the place next door. How far is Litiitz from Lancaster?

I meant Lancaster,Pa. Just going to order something in then go out to the place next door. How far is Litiitz from Lancaster?

about 20 miles depending where you are. I am staying in Akron...on 222 just north of 772.

Ken

Your map is different then mine. It shows 6 to 10. This was about the only motel that had truck parking and allowed dogs. Off to Philly tomorrow

I was guessing and as I stated, depends where you are in Lancaster. Where are you staying (on Route 30)?

Ken

Yeah at the super 8. on 30

Stayed there a few times. There are a few restaurants to the east of you...Dienner's, Good 'N Plenty, and Hershey Farm. I never cared for Miller's. Good 'N Plenty is family style and has EXCELLENT shoofly pie.

I am at the Rodeway Inn in Akron. I started staying here in 2011 when I attended Gerhart's show. The hotel is an old style but clean and quiet. No truck parking but the owner lets me park my MH here. FYI, I don't have my MH with me this trip. I may drive to Gerhart's on Friday and "snoop" around.

Ken

Damn, and I won't be there Friday. Friday is my day over at Pennsylvania Truck Centers (Wrightsville, Pa) along route 30 on the west shore of the Susquehanna river.

I'll make sure they let the dogs out at Gerhart's tomorrow.

Does that mean the "gate" will be locked? :whistling:

Ken

Wish i'd chimed in sooner,best breakfast around is at Jennies Diner,right off of 30 just east of Lancaster,not a lot of truck parking,but the food is EXCELLANT!......................................................Mark

post-5836-0-39157700-1365725609_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.