Gauge Covers

Does ANYONE know where i can get the covers that go over the gauges? I have a friend with a kenworth and he was able to get the little chrome inserts that fit right over the gauge and if you go on the website http://www.bigrigchromeshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BRCS/CTGY/KIGC it shows different pieces you can buy and i didnt know which ones would fit best for the pyro, fuel, air pressure, water, oil pressure, and volts. I would assume one size should fit all but im not sure, for instance, where the 3 gauges to the left are on an R model the clearance is kinda tight to fit a plastic piece in there. And what size would i need for the tach and speedo? HAS ANYONE DONE THIS EVER??????

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

All of my gauges have chrome covers. Pretty sure I used ones for a Peterbilt. Bought them from Iowa 80. A few of them wouldn't snap completely tight like the others. Just put a dab of clear silicone on the back side of them, come to think of it, I had to do that on the big ones for the tach and speedo. If you measure them, you can call Iowa 80 and they will help you out. Bigrigchromeshop.com is also very helpful. You can also get chrome cent covers. Seeing as none of the chrome places really list anything for Macks, you have to get creative. -Brad

When you "reply to topic" at the bottom RH corner,click on "more reply options".When you do this a new reply screen will pop up and at the bottom left you can see the "Attach Files".click on "choose file",pic your pic from your computer files and click "open",the file name should appear down in the LH corner next to "Attach this file",click that,then a thumbnail pic will appear at the bottom of the reply screen,to the right it will say "add to post",click that and your done.

If I can figger it out,anybody can.

When you "reply to topic" at the bottom RH corner,click on "more reply options".When you do this a new reply screen will pop up and at the bottom left you can see the "Attach Files".click on "choose file",pic your pic from your computer files and click "open",the file name should appear down in the LH corner next to "Attach this file",click that,then a thumbnail pic will appear at the bottom of the reply screen,to the right it will say "add to post",click that and your done.

If I can figger it out,anybody can.

I will try to remember my camera tomorrow and put up some pictures. -Brad

Very awesome setup LMACK!!! That is what im talking about! You even got the dog next to you lol. The nicest interior ive ever seen on an R :) Do they have a website? What size is it for the tach and the speedo? i know the the regular gauges i think are 2 1/16 inches.

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

Found it...united pacific....

http://www.uapac.com/trucks/interior-products/dash-accessories/gauge-accessories.html

http://www.uapac.com/trucks/interior-products/dash-accessories/gauge-accessories/gauge-cover-without-visor-speed-tachometer.html

You may want to call the chrome depot in Ohio and double check that these are the correct sizes. If I remember the Mack gauges we're the same as the older Pete/kw .....regardless a little silicone will help make them stick.

Lmackattack-

I am trouble shooting/ fixing the front rear and rear rear temparture guages on my RW 613. The wiring diagrams I have from Mack don't mention or show anything for these 2 guages. Do you have any info that would be of help?

There is a single 14 guage wire coming from each sensor that was cut off just in front of the cab/ firewall. Haven't been able to find continuity from the guages to anywhere on the fire wall.

Any help?

Lmackattack-

I am trouble shooting/ fixing the front rear and rear rear temparture guages on my RW 613. The wiring diagrams I have from Mack don't mention or show anything for these 2 guages. Do you have any info that would be of help?

There is a single 14 guage wire coming from each sensor that was cut off just in front of the cab/ firewall. Haven't been able to find continuity from the guages to anywhere on the fire wall.

Any help?

Let me look for a post on here. I think someone had sent me a wireing diagram last year from a super liner that had axel temp gauges.... If I recall the signal wires all went from the dash to a junction block on the cab firewall and then on to their specific component. the power came from a source behind the dash and just jumped to each gauge. will look when I get off work today.

Ok found the diagram but it was sent to me as a message. I will have to download it on my home computer and reload it in a post. Will do that tomorrow when I get back in front of my computer. I'm on my I pad right now...anyways I was correct in saying the signal wires all went to a firewall junction block. The gauge ground and power wires come from a behind the dash soirce then just jump from one to the next. Rear diffs showed a ground wire from the diff to the frame. will have the exploded view for you soon!