Gauge Covers

kudos to chrome depot for shipping the stuf already. they just got here and i ordered yesterday at 1 lol. Thats A+ service in my book. Well i got the covers and only a few fit just right. I see what you were all talking about how i need to trim some down. The one for oil pressure is a great fit, the two others next to it on the left panel (water and volts are just a smidge bigger than the covers itself. So is there where i get silicone and put a dab on the inside in a few spots and it will just stick?

The tach and speedo fit okay but seem that if i hit a bump they will want to start popping out. Did you guys use silicone for those two gauges too? where the fuel is on the top and the air pressure just below it is a tough one because its a tight squeeze, the gauge below fits perfect but then no room for the fuel gauge ( cut some off of the fuel gauge cover?) the boost gauge doesnt have a lip to even get the cover to fit so ill need silicone for that. What kind of silicone are you all talking about? i have a farm and fleet 1 mile from me. Any help would be great ! Thanks

Slow and Steady Wins the Race!

found a pic of my 84's dash i took after the new owner had filled the interior with stuff, kinda made me a little sick to my stomach I used to keep it spotless and if it didnt need to be in there it wasnt.

post-5240-0-15063800-1359084030_thumb.jp

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I have em to do the 85 but its cold and im not into freezing mt but off for chrome on a dash i only look at once or twice a month Ill get it done when it warms up a little.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"