Big Bad DM800 Wrecker on Ebay

David

Ex High Point unit, did a lot of recovery for FDNY at the Twin Towers. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Here it is in High Point limber from Hanks Photos.

post-3242-0-70594100-1348503740_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Damn shame they took that beautiful tractor and stretched it into a wrecker. Hope they did the frame right. Super 10???

I'm pretty sure Durkin had (3) DM800 tri-axle tractors at the Ritchie Bros. Auction in Northeast, MD. I miss seeing their stuff out on the road.

-John

• 2 weeks later...

My friend looked into that truck when FranRock Towing was selling it, there were some issues with the truck that were never fixed properly. It needs a $25k piece to properly fix it, plus you have to take the whole boom assembly off to do the repair. Look for cracked welds underneath

I agree,wreckers don't have much of a "shelf life" especially when abused,my cousin ran one of the biggest wrecker outfits in NJ at one time,and he replaced trucks at 4-5 years!...................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.