Duel headlights on R model

I actually really like R models with dual rectangle headlights, factory or not, I think they look cool. But only when the rest of the hole is filled, that one from the Barrington show looks hideous. But the one staxx posted looks great. A bunch of the local fire departments around here use R models with rectangle headlights and they look sweet.

And, of course, there's Richard with his "Cadillac Mack"

post-10909-0-09791000-1347044087_thumb.j

That truck looks cool too.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

I actually really like R models with dual rectangle headlights, factory or not, I think they look cool. But only when the rest of the hole is filled, that one from the Barrington show looks hideous. But the one staxx posted looks great. A bunch of the local fire departments around here use R models with rectangle headlights and they look sweet.

Ben

The panels look too big and the headlights too small. The thing to do would be to put another set on each side. Quad quads!

Ben

ya but i bet he keeps hitting his head now.hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.bob

I prefer the stock, single round headlight look, but modifications can enhance a vehicle's appearance when done right.

Nothing says CLASS like woodgrain on a hood.

080512-2.jpg

thats the family truckster from one of the original funny movies, where the hell did you find that.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

Don't want to argue with a rest of you guys, but I like R with stock single round headlights.

Though my both R's have - one double round's and the second - rectangular's - holy shit!

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 10 years later...

While he may not have started the trend, former Mack Trucks production supervisor, fire apparatus salesman and later Rockville VFD master mechanic Karl Marzolf was an early dual headlight proponent. In the early '80s he converted RVFD's fleet of R model engines and a rescue squad, using '76/'77 Olds Cutlass headlights and parking lights.  His idea was copied by may FD's in the East.  This is the same engine shown in staxx's original post's photo.  A sad ending.

md_3_rockville_retired_engine_m_(2)-1.jpg

Edited by JimF
  • Like 2