White Bash Photos

other dog

I went down to the White Bash at the Keystone Tractor Museum today. I was surprised at how few trucks were there, and how few people were there too.

I would have expected a lot bigger turnout, but the trucks that were there looked great.

Saw Randy's tractor again.

Nice Autocar

A green White

A stainless steel Autocar. This truck, or one just like it, used to sit out front at Edgcomb Steel just north of Philadelphia, where we used to load steel pretty often.

A 3000 White

I think this was my favorite. I remember seeing this truck in an auction brochure.

Autocar wrecker

I liked this one too.

and this was ...strange

good looking dump truck

some more-

55 Chevrolet

Brockway that wasn't in the museum last time I was there.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom, Thanks for the pictures. I don't remember the Brockway there in June either. Looks like most of the trucks stayed on the trailers.

They did David. The show was supposed to be from 8am. to 4 pm, but when I left around 2 I followed 2 trucks out that were leaving then.

The stainless A-Cars were specially built for Edgecomb Steel. There are a few of them left because the damn things were indestructible; I forget how many were made vs how many are left. The "Friends of Autocar" annual meeting is coming up soon, Sept 16 or 23 I forget which one, I am a member of the group and may try to go but dont know if I'll make it, if I do go I'll ask.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Nice pictures Tom as usual! that stainless Autocar,and the green White belong to a guy i know from Jersey, Gaspar Sparacio,he is very active in the South Jersey ATHS chapter of which i was a member till we moved down here. A good guy who knows his trucks! i used to see the White allover South Jersey when they were still running it,belonged to a produce outfit in Hammonton,NJ. Gaspar (or Gap as he's known) has been a dispatcher for a small family owned trucking company for about 40 years (Lobiondo Brothers Motor Express) that has run the same equipment long as i can remember,just keep rebuilding it,they still run pete cabovers, the ones that the aircleaner intake goes up through the sleeper! and White "expiditers" all in familiar " Italian colors" red,white and green. Wish i could have made it up there,but did'nt get home till this morning..................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice pictures Tom as usual! that stainless Autocar,and the green White belong to a guy i know from Jersey, Gaspar Sparacio,he is very active in the South Jersey ATHS chapter of which i was a member till we moved down here. A good guy who knows his trucks! i used to see the White allover South Jersey when they were still running it,belonged to a produce outfit in Hammonton,NJ. Gaspar (or Gap as he's known) has been a dispatcher for a small family owned trucking company for about 40 years (Lobiondo Brothers Motor Express) that has run the same equipment long as i can remember,just keep rebuilding it,they still run pete cabovers, the ones that the aircleaner intake goes up through the sleeper! and White "expiditers" all in familiar " Italian colors" red,white and green. Wish i could have made it up there,but did'nt get home till this morning..................................Mark

I know Edgcomb had several of the stainless steel ones made, but I don't know how many there were. I used to go out and look at the one where we loaded- it was up around Bristol, or Fairless Hills maybe? What used to be Edgcomb Steel in Troy, Va. is called MacSteel now.

Yeah, I was hoping I might see you there. But those pictures were everything that was there- that was all the Whites except the ones that are in the museum. Colfax will probably be the next show I get to.

Other Dog, I forgot about you being there and did not see you as far as I know. I was the organizer for the Bash this year and we were disappointed with the truck and spectator turn out. There were intermittent rain showers that may have held off a few people and I know it stopped one man from bringing his Autocar.

That hot rod truck had a White 9000 cab on it. The owner was a very interesting person to talk to. He said it cruises real good at about 80 MPH. It had air ride on the front and back. When the bags are aired up it has about 3 and 1/2 inches of clearance in the front where he built a skid under the frame rail and had about 4 and 1/2 inches clearance in the back.

Thanks for posting the pictures-I only took a couple.

EDIT: That Brockway was placed in the museum early last week. The Abilene company workers did the restoration on it.

Other Dog, I forgot about you being there and did not see you as far as I know. I was the organizer for the Bash this year and we were disappointed with the truck and spectator turn out. There were intermittent rain showers that may have held off a few people and I know it stopped one man from bringing his Autocar.

That hot rod truck had a White 9000 cab on it. The owner was a very interesting person to talk to. He said it cruises real good at about 80 MPH. It had air ride on the front and back. When the bags are aired up it has about 3 and 1/2 inches of clearance in the front where he built a skid under the frame rail and had about 4 and 1/2 inches clearance in the back.

Thanks for posting the pictures-I only took a couple.

EDIT: That Brockway was placed in the museum early last week. The Abilene company workers did the restoration on it.

I was wondering if they did that work themselves, everything they've got looks professionally restored, and good.

We ran through rain on and off all the way there, pretty hard rain around Blackstone, but it was beautiful when we got there.

And that hot rod might cruise good at 80 but I don't think i'd like to be in it! Would have liked to hear it running though.