Keystone Tractor Museum

other dog

that's a classy collection,going to definately have to see that place someday.

It's well worth stopping if you're in the area, I was very impressed.

Always liked the M's and Super M's

But this is a good looking tractor too. My brother had a 350 Farmall, but he sold it.

...and this GMC was looking good too.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Thats on my list now! Thanks for the look see! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

That place reminds me of the Henry Ford Museum that I saw back in 1967. It use to be set up the same way as this Keystone Museum with row after row of everything man has ever made as I recall. Last time I saw the Ford museum was 1985 and it had changed to era set ups, like the 50's era. All the machinery had been else where. I know not where.

Thanks for the show Tom.

mike

• Like 1

Good Job Cousin Tom! I extrspecially liked the "Cab tractor". I had never seen one like that before. You orta shoulda took Olive with you, well,,,maybe not, he prolly would stripped his clothes and made a mess everywhere. You cant hardly take him anywhere. Thas a long way from Texas, but i would like to go see that place! randyp

Good Job Cousin Tom! I extrspecially liked the "Cab tractor". I had never seen one like that before. You orta shoulda took Olive with you, well,,,maybe not, he prolly would stripped his clothes and made a mess everywhere. You cant hardly take him anywhere. Thas a long way from Texas, but i would like to go see that place! randyp

I'd seen one of them on the tractor show on RFD TV before, never up close before though. I'm glad David posted the info on the sign, I just took one of the advertisement sign but it's hard to read.

Bet they were too expensive for regular folks to buy when they came out, probably why they didn't last long. You could probably buy an 8N and a good used pickup for what they cost- 1938 was a little before my time, but that's what i'd guess.

Other dog, you were a couple weeks too early. We are having our Classic White Truck Show there on Sept. 1st (Labor Day weekend) and you can get into the Museum and truck show for $5.

Mike, that is the truck from L & H. The owner of the Museum (and Abilene Trucking) paid $53, 000 for the Mack. He bought 3 trucks that day.

Fred

Those are nice Macks, but what the hell man? Was there any Lionel or Hot Wheels or Avon U models in that giant box of little trucks???? Thanks for sharing.

I don't know Vinny, if i'd have taken a close look at everything in that case i'd still be there looking now.

When I first saw the Smith's Transfer I thought "great- a U-model"! But it was 'just' an R-model.

Other dog, you were a couple weeks too early. We are having our Classic White Truck Show there on Sept. 1st (Labor Day weekend) and you can get into the Museum and truck show for $5.

Mike, that is the truck from L & H. The owner of the Museum (and Abilene Trucking) paid $53, 000 for the Mack. He bought 3 trucks that day.

Fred

OK, thanks. Heck, I might just go back again!

I don't know Vinny, if i'd have taken a close look at everything in that case i'd still be there looking now.

When I first saw the Smith's Transfer I thought "great- a U-model"! But it was 'just' an R-model.

"just a R model" ????????

They had a good (but short) walk through of that museum a couple of weeks ago on RFD. But I can tell that you really have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Wish i'd seen that, probably be on again though. The tractor shows and antique tractor pulls are my favorite shows on there.