Keystone Tractor Museum

other dog

I bought a couple of books too, American Trucks of the 50's and American Trucks of the 60's. Not nearly as good as Ron Adams "Big Rigs of the..." series of books, but they were pretty cheap. They had a picture of a G-model in one that looks a lot like Doug Maney's, and one U-model picture.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I cant help it Tom, I cant stop staring at it, I am very enamored with that old orange cab tractor! Its quite highly probable I gots to have me one those. Well,,thas just great,,thanks a lot Tom. I cant magine where in Sam Hill I would find me one of those! randyp

I cant magine where in Sam Hill I would find me one of those! randyp

hmmmm....me neither, probably kind of rare these days. That's the only tractor that was roped off, all the trucks were, but you could walk right up to the rest of the tractors.

Great collection!

I'm not a big tractor fan but Macks are fantastic!

And the other trucks... And tractors.

All vehicles are so clean made, they are really superb!

Thank you for the report :twothumbsup:

Vlad

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I cant help it Tom, I cant stop staring at it, I am very enamored with that old orange cab tractor! Its quite highly probable I gots to have me one those. Well,,thas just great,,thanks a lot Tom. I cant magine where in Sam Hill I would find me one of those! randyp

Randy, Did you miss the part where I quoted the guy that works there saying that orange tractor was the most valuable piece in the whole museum?

• Like 1

OK, thanks. Heck, I might just go back again!

Looks like a great place! is that the "illusive yellow G-model" we have talked about? the one that was sitting off 360 in Keysville? wish i coulda been home,would've been a nice day out! now i gotta go,just to get a look at the toys!......thanks for posting the pics,i like the GMC with sleeper too,thats a sharp looking truck!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

No, Hawks Nest is between 19 and Charleston, actually between Ansted and Gauley Bridge.

I found the Hawk's Nest on Google Earth. It looks as if the cartographer had a bad case of the shakes when he was drawing that map.

There are some nice pictures of the area on Earth also. I'd like to visit the Mystery Hole (I'm not sure why I said that).

• Like 1

Jim

I found the Hawk's Nest on Google Earth. It looks as if the cartographer had a bad case of the shakes when he was drawing that map.

There are some nice pictures of the area on Earth also. I'd like to visit the Mystery Hole (I'm not sure why I said that).

So would I! Seen it for years, but i'm not sure what it is. There's like a quonset hut there with a VW beetle sticking out of the side of it, but not much room to pull off in a truck.

Here's a little video I took going around the 15mph. curve at Chimney Corner, headed west.

• Like 1