p.o.s. newfangled trucks!

other dog

What I laugh at is that I see more truck fires nowadays than ever before... just this last trip to canada I saw 2 trucks torched to the ground. last trip to Long Island one truck up in flames. I also see more trucks rode off into cornfields. last 2 trips I saw about 5 trucks parked or on their sides. makes me wonder how hard these green drivers push themselves to make beer money and fall asleep at the wheel. Sad!

DAMN! i gots $250,i wants to beez a truckdriver! nice camera angle BTW! most interesting thing in the video was them titties! watched the whole thing up,until till she mentioned her "husband"just ridicuous to me what people today will do to make a buck off some un-suspecting idiot!....................................Mark

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I think the camera man was just a waiting for one o' dem tig ol bitties to jump out.

Me too!

allen, TX? anywhere near Houston? Might have to take a trip out there to visit my son. Yeah thats it

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I R a trukdrvre:

For $250 you to can become a truck driver. As long as you stay on big roads, only have to pull a single 28ft pup, drive an automatic and never have to back up??

Of course, if all the trainers look like this??? Well, duh.......sign me up LOL!!

Hell with truck drivin'. I'd rather go motorboatin with her.

Like this

vince-vaughn-motorboat.gif

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Maybe its just me,but after watching this video several times,if you listen closely,this is what i heard near the end............."And i hope you've enjoyed seeing my spectacular cans as much as i've enjoyed showing them to you! happy trucking!"....................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Man,you hit that nail on the head! i could'nt agree more,i always thought you should spec a truck according to its vocation,heavy duty work= heavy duty components period! i cant remember how many "lightweight" dumps,mixers etc. i've seen on the back of wreckers in the past few years. And if i have to spec a truck so i can scale 50,000 lbs. i'm looking for a new carrier,i've seen a bunch of light speced "road" trucks with both super singles and one fifty gallon fuel tank! almost every truck i saw stuck last winter was riding on super singles. The carrier i'm leased to tried one lease trailer with super singles on it,after about a year they asked great dane to PLEASE put duals back on it! or take it back! just as you said,one goes flat,you're pretty much dead in the water,can't "limp" in somewhere to have it repaired/replaced and a lot of your smaller shops don't have or even carry them..................Mark

Mark there are alot of old road tractors converted to Dump Buckets running around Memphis . hell most are geared to run like a greyhound bus & wont pull its own ass out of the soft ground due to the gearing & suspenion on the truck . i cant keep count of how many converted dump trucks i see around here w/ single frames, air ride suspension & reyco suspension just to mention a few . been told before that they would make to the job before i would . job would be soft ground & they would have that converted road tractor stuck & our Bulldogs or Acar would have to pull them out . told him ya may out run me on the 240 loop in Memphis but id be there or 1 of our other trucks would be there to pull him out lol . they hated when not only myself but others that worked for my pop was right ...lol

Hell i know of a Freightliner dump running in Memphis & North Ms that has air ride suspension & Super Singles & Alcoa's all the way round including 425 floats on the steer. i wouldnt want to drive that shaker if a tire blew or an air bag blew esp w/ 25 tons of material on the back or 16' of loaded bed in the air & that happens . all i ever see him hauling is hot rock for 1 of big paving companys in Memphis . :o Give me an ole W.M.C. Pre V#LV* Autocar w/ a Hummin Cummins, double frame 18 to 2o k f/a & 44k to 46k r/a 20k air tag cheater axle , & Hendrickson Walking beams or Hendrickson Rubber Block suspension or Pre V%LV*IZED :mack1: w/ similar specs but all :mack1: drive train preferably an ole redi mix truck on either account .

Hard to get a true dump truck round here anymore unless ya find 1 from the factory speced that way or find an ole Redi Mix truck w/ the drum removed .

it's a Shame !!

As far as driving school goes like most everybody else here id imagine learned through the school of hard knocks like i did . in my case i grew up on the farm & in the excavating business & i learned @ an early age . i was sleeping in the bench seat of old dog when i was 2 yrs old while they were either moving equipment from 1 job to the next or taking soybeans or wheat to the elvator down in Memphis . (& yall remember no A/C In the summer time )

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Maybe its just me,but after watching this video several times,if you listen closely,this is what i heard near the end............."And i hope you've enjoyed seeing my spectacular cans as much as i've enjoyed showing them to you! happy trucking!"....................Mark

No, thats what you were saying to yourself

As far as driving school goes like most everybody else here id imagine learned through the school of hard knocks like i did . in my case i grew up on the farm & in the excavating business & i learned @ an early age . i was sleeping in the bench seat of old dog when i was 2 yrs old while they were either moving equipment from 1 job to the next or taking soybeans or wheat to the elvator down in Memphis . (& yall remember no A/C In the summer time )

If the wrecker company I had been working for wasn't bought out, I would have used their trucks to get my CDL...I had my permit and was being trained into the medium/heavy duty wrecker. Shit happens, though, and I ended up going to a 2-week school....tested the first day they let us (I was the ONLY one that passed that first day) and got the hell out of there. 3 weeks out with a trainer (they usually did at LEAST 4-5 weeks) after the trainer's truck lost it's ECM....he said I was good enough to not need that last week or two, and I've been out here on my own ever since. Really started learning HOW a truck works while hauling logs...part of my job was doing the routine maintenance (oil changes & grease) and would be the truck boss's extra set of hands for any other minor repairs (he was an ex-Mack mechanic). Major stuff still went to Mack...but we did quite a bit in-house. Realized wrenching on big trucks isn't all that much different than wrenching on cars & pickups (which I've been doing since before I could drive)...you just need bigger wrenches....and ever since then, I've ALWAYS carried tools. Of course now that I own the truck that I drive, my on-board tool kit takes up a bit more space than it ever did as a company driver (24" x 24" x 36" side box stuffed full as opposed to a simple 18 to 20" tool box). Tearing into the engine, transmission, or center sections of the drives is about all I won't do these days. If I was completely out of debt and had plenty of money in the bank to cover the bills for a while, I might tear into those as well....but when you need the truck to be running, you don't have time to "figure it out" as you go & some things are just best left to those who know WTF they are doing.

...and yeah, I remember no AC in the summer time like it was today. Come to think of it, it WAS today...and yesterday....and the day before that....and the 4+ years before that. I sure hope I never have to fire myself, because most drivers you see these days are pansy-asses and view AC as a "necessity" rather than the luxury item it really is. Mankind survived for thousands of years before the invention of AC....we can do without it today, too.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

...and yeah, I remember no AC in the summer time like it was today. Come to think of it, it WAS today...and yesterday....and the day before that....and the 4+ years before that. I sure hope I never have to fire myself, because most drivers you see these days are pansy-asses and view AC as a "necessity" rather than the luxury item it really is. Mankind survived for thousands of years before the invention of AC....we can do without it today, too.

I drove trucks for years and never had AC. Worst was probably sitting in the chip line in Covington in the summer in that Transtar, hot, dusty, sweating, miserable.

I was young then, now I tell Jeff "if the AC goes out, the motor might as well be blowed up, 'cuz I ain't drivin' it!"... I am a pansy ass.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Not sure how on earth I remembered that. Is H.H. Moore still in business?

So you're the old, gray haired, fat, balding truck driver. I saw you last night...and the night before...and the night before that. Damn, you get around.

Yeah, but not like that Schneider guy. There's some guy out of Wisconsin named Schneider, he drives a bright orange truck and pulls a bright orange trailer. Now he gets around, I see him all over the place.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I drove trucks for years and never had AC. Worst was probably sitting in the chip line in Covington in the summer in that Transtar, hot, dusty, sweating, miserable.

I was young then, now I tell Jeff "if the AC goes out, the motor might as well be blowed up, 'cuz I ain't drivin' it!"... I am a pansy ass.

Dern pansy ass Tom, i bet obama would drive one without AC. randyp

Call me an idiot

Tom

Any takers? :tease: Have you checked local community colleges? Some of them have inexpensive programs that I expect would be at least as good, probably better, than what a truck driving school would offer.

Yeah, but not like that Schneider guy. There's some guy out of Wisconsin named Schneider, he drives a bright orange truck and pulls a bright orange trailer. Now he gets around, I see him all over the place.

He gets lost quite often too. I've seen him run back and forth on the same stretch of I-70 a dozen times in the same day. Another time, I was loading next to Mr. Schneider. He pulled away from the dock and returned 5 minutes later to unload. I guess he didn't recognize the place he just left. What a jerk!

Dern pansy ass Tom, i bet obama would drive one without AC. randyp

Obama is more tolerant of heat, having been born in Kenya.

• Like 1

Jim

Any takers? :tease: Have you checked local community colleges? Some of them have inexpensive programs that I expect would be at least as good, probably better, than what a truck driving school would offer.

Yep checked everywhere, Only thing i can do is spend a lot of money for trucking school in new jersey, or work for JB Cunt Hunt and they pay for it but intern i drive for them for a few years, or study my manual which i have done but can not pass my test and still pay to take the over the road test, or fly to texas for a 500 round trip flight and pay 250 for trucking school and have my cdl in 3-5 days.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"