Stuff I did Today

Good to see you working on it everyday. It may not seem much, but even if you do some little thing, it all helps you get it finished.

A guy that buys my aluminum scrap always says: "If you save a dime here and a dime there, it will add up to a new Cadillac"

I used to keep change from the junks I used to bring to the scrap yard. at the end of the year, I had another $96. Not bad for picking up change on the floors and ashtrays.

My dad lets me keep the stuff I find in junk cars so I get lots of cool stuff. A lot of money too.

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Good to see you working on it everyday. It may not seem much, but even if you do some little thing, it all helps you get it finished.

A guy that buys my aluminum scrap always says: "If you save a dime here and a dime there, it will add up to a new Cadillac"

Your right Olive, I gotta go home tomarrow, so Papa will have to work on the U hi,self if he works on it. I know where all the money is stashed in the Ford....

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

yup, stainless bolts to re attach! i tried to usie stainless bolts on everything i could on my b model when i out it back together. fender bolts and everything you see. think i spent over a grand just in hardware

Very easy to do with stainless hardware. Main problem with stainless is that it's much weaker in composition than carbon steel for the same size. Type 316 is a better stainless to use than 304 when corrosion resitance, or strength is required, but it doesn't polish up like 304 does.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Those latch kits for the hood are less than $35.00 per side brand new and include the raggedy assed rusty looking part the photo depicts. I'd replace them before the internal spring lets go in the original latches; but that is just the way I'd do it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.