What my U Looks Like Now

i know how you feel vin i was younger but before my grandfather passed on we always used to talk about trucks and draw trucks,and i used to go to work with him and my dad and ride shotgun with him in an old mack r model haulin a dump trailer.i really miss him. and i wish he was still alive when i got my b model because he would of loved it more then i did.

• Like 2

i know how you feel vin i was younger but before my grandfather passed on we always used to talk about trucks and draw trucks,and i used to go to work with him and my dad and ride shotgun with him in an old mack r model haulin a dump trailer.i really miss him. and i wish he was still alive when i got my b model because he would of loved it more then i did.

Thanks guys. But man, Im cryin now.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Yes Vinny you are very fortunate to have a papa like him. Although i'm almost 60 years old.....if my dad were alive.....he would disown me for having my B Model. Because of his Depression Era growing up as a youth he felt it was always better to not have so much to have to take care of knowing that most everything we own is nothing but a MONEY POT. ( Throwing good money away.)

My hat is off to you.

mike

• Like 1

Yes Vinny you are very fortunate to have a papa like him. Although i'm almost 60 years old.....if my dad were alive.....he would disown me for having my B Model. Because of his Depression Era growing up as a youth he felt it was always better to not have so much to have to take care of knowing that most everything we own is nothing but a MONEY POT. ( Throwing good money away.)

My hat is off to you.

mike

Thank you Mike.

Vinny always cherish this time with your dad and don't ever loose the memories. After my dad passed away when i was 3. I was always riding with my uncle in his DM600 hauling rock dust to coal mines in WV. Keep up the good work.

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Vinny always cherish this time with your dad and don't ever loose the memories. After my dad passed away when i was 3. I was always riding with my uncle in his DM600 hauling rock dust to coal mines in WV. Keep up the good work.

No, its not my dad, its my grandfather, I call him Papa. My dad never really had anything to do about, then he was mean to Mom, then there was divorce. Which was actually a good thing. My dad also, when I see him, is always a cock to me.

No, its not my dad, its my grandfather, I call him Papa. My dad never really had anything to do about, then he was mean to Mom, then there was divorce. Which was actually a good thing. My dad also, when I see him, is always a cock to me.

I don't mean to be an ass, but what i highlighted in red made me fall off my chair laughing... And don't worry buddy me and you are in the same boat, my parents got a divorce about 3 years ago... It sucks, but it was better for my mom. And come to think about it i haven't even spoken to my dad in about a year and a half. Oh well. My life is fine without him.... Keep ya head up buddy.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

I don't mean to be an ass, but what i highlighted in red made me fall off my chair laughing... And don't worry buddy me and you are in the same boat, my parents got a divorce about 3 years ago... It sucks, but it was better for my mom. And come to think about it i haven't even spoken to my dad in about a year and a half. Oh well. My life is fine without him.... Keep ya head up buddy.

Tom

Its OK. My parents got divorced when I was 7. It was better for my Mom. My dad is so careless, and selfish, that hes left his one and only son, to go make money. (May sound good but it really wasnt if you were to hear the story) When ever he comes home, I get sick, feel like crap, when hes gone, Im perfect. I dont like talking to my dad. Since Im so big I guess, I think I'll beat the hell outa him someday. Everybody knows it too. :blah:

Vinnster -

I was not going to admit this, but reading the above posts made me change my mind.

I had a local older guy need some help with fixing his Mack dump truck and he is many moons past being young enough to give a fig about learning to use a computer. So I took my laptop over to him and we looked up the info he needed here on BMT. He also checked out stupid stuff like dead horses, peirieroggiises, RandyP's scraper fetish, etc, etc,etc, and of course your misplaced love of sidewinder U models and we had a good time.

He kept trying to pay me for the help, when really I have very little to offer in the Mack Smarts department, it was everyone else on BMT that helped him solve his problem. So when he kept insisting to pay me for my time, I took it and donated it to BMT with the deal being that you got "promoted" to where you can post photos again. He and I both talked about the spunk it takes when you are 12 and restoring a truck that is three times your age with no help from your deadbeat dad.

So............what I am getting at is that while it is a damn shame that your dad is a shithead, you should not use his bad example to be bitter about the world and the cards you were dealt. The world is full of basically good people, it is just that a lot of us make hasty or bad decisions in life that in the long run make life hard for others. Don't plan to beat your dads ass - he is not worth it! But I hope you can forgive him and move on past the trouble he causes you someday, because no little speck like him should keep you down.

I was lucky enough to have a saint as a dad. Every time I don't know what to do, I just try and figure out what he would have done. It seems tough right now, not having your dad as a good example. But if you hopefully have kids someday, it might turn out to be a good thing that you know the things you DON'T do to be a good father.

Be polite to your grandparents - some day you may figure out how much more energy it takes when you are their age just to live life around a 12 year old when they have already done that once before.

Keep your chin up little man! We all want to see that flop over truck finished...................and watch your spelling and punctuation on here, Barry and I may pull the plug on your "promotion" if you don't improve in that department!

Sorry vinny I didn't know. Enjoy your grandfather as long as you can. Keep up the good work

This is Mack country. On a quiet night you can hear a peterbilt rust away.

Hey Vinny.

I agree with Olive. (and Olive, very cool gesture and you have set the bar for the rest of us to follow. Very cool move)

Don't stoop to your Dad's level, you are already way ahead of him as it is. Better Idea is when you get the truck finished go show it off to him. It will say "this is what I can do with a little help" Your dad may not admit it, but that will give him a kick in the...

Hey Vinny.

I agree with Olive. (and Olive, very cool gesture and you have set the bar for the rest of us to follow. Very cool move)

Don't stoop to your Dad's level, you are already way ahead of him as it is. Better Idea is when you get the truck finished go show it off to him. It will say "this is what I can do with a little help" Your dad may not admit it, but that will give him a kick in the ass.

I fixed it for you. You didnt finish. Mom, Nana, and Papa, all tell tell me things like this. Thanks.