Mack B model firetruck on ebay

so i sent him an offer, he sent me back a counter offer for $2250. before i could even say yes, he sold it for $2500 to someone else? WTF

Holy s#!%. . Thats sad. Sorry Matt. No guys I didnt buy it. If you want a B model with a Mopar, go buy Dougs B42 with the 413 up at his barn. Its not a fire truck though.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

so i sent him an offer, he sent me back a counter offer for $2250. before i could even say yes, he sold it for $2500 to someone else? WTF

I have had that happen when I was the seller, and it is not always intentional. You can preselect an amount that is less than the buy-it-now price that if someone offers it, their offer will be automatically accepted. So he comes back to you with a counter offer to sell it to you for $2250.00. Then some other guy not knowing any of this is going on offers the $2500.00 and the computer automatically accepts it and cancels all the other offers.

It stinks, but the guy did not know that someone was going to offer the $2500.00, or he would not have made you the counteroffer.

I was hoping you would get it - sorry!

• 3 weeks later...

well i got contacted by the seller and i guess the buyer has failed to contact him. we made a deal for the truck and all the parts that go with it. spent more than i wanted to for a truck i probably dont need but i figured its kinda rare and needs some love. now im lookin for someone during august-september that is willin to haul it to upstate Ny for me. i think its around a 7 1/2 hour trip. Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

Mad Dog

Where are you??? And where is the truck located??

Try Posting your transportation request on both www.brockwaytrucks.org and www.forums.justoldtrucks.com forums.

There is a possibility that someone headed to the Brockway 100th Anniversary Celebration in Cortland NY on August 10-11th would like to make a little fuel money on the way??

Brocky

Brocky

well i got contacted by the seller and i guess the buyer has failed to contact him. we made a deal for the truck and all the parts that go with it. spent more than i wanted to for a truck i probably dont need but i figured its kinda rare and needs some love. now im lookin for someone during august-september that is willin to haul it to upstate Ny for me. i think its around a 7 1/2 hour trip. Matt

I have had great success with uship.com

so ive been in back and forth contact with the seller and i think we are pretty much good on the deal. he has new hood chrome and a nos steering wheel that goes with it. he said the left front tire is a spare and the right is flat, which leads me to this question. we all know and assume its built on a dodge truck chassis or as least mack frame with dodge front and rear axles. i assume the tires are 8.25 20's oe 9.00 20's and they are Budds. i assume they are old school split rim blow ur head off design budds like studebaker used? does anyone know if i can get radial 22.5's in budds? id like to at least run a 900 20 radial and maybe a 1000 radial if it will fit. whats a 8.25 or 9.00 tire in tubeless radial form if they even make them? 9R22.5? thanks, Matt

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

wow, no one has an answer? ive even pondered the idea of havin a machine shop cut the disk from the old wheel and weld it into a radial rim.

That can be done. I've had several small bolt circle Mopar wheels, (5X4 bolt circle) stepped up to 15" rims which were never available. I don't know if Stockton Wheel in Stockton California can do the large size or not but I've used them a couple of times.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 10 months later...