Macungie ATCA Truck Show

leversole

What is the story behind them? Any photos of interiors?

Tackaberry had known about these trucks and had talked about them for some time. For some reason, the man that owned them never even titled them, never registered them, never ran them, I think they all have less than 1,500 miles on them, and the Pete and the Acar are nearly perfect. The Diamond Reo had been painted, but I suspect that was done as soon as he (the original owner) bought it. I believe it is a 1971, a Lansing Mich built truck, 335 Cummins / 15 spd RR. If I heard correctly, it has less than 200 miles on it. The Pete and Acar are mid 80's vintage.

The Acar is the only one I got an interior shot of. Tackaberry had just picked them up, and they had not done anything with them yet. I'm glad to see them get these trucks, because they will be preserved as they are for others to enjoy.

post-2383-0-94420500-1340032047_thumb.jp

• Like 1

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

Tackaberry had known about these trucks and had talked about them for some time. For some reason, the man that owned them never even titled them, never registered them, never ran them, I think they all have less than 1,500 miles on them, and the Pete and the Acar are nearly perfect. The Diamond Reo had been painted, but I suspect that was done as soon as he (the original owner) bought it. I believe it is a 1971, a Lansing Mich built truck, 335 Cummins / 15 spd RR. If I heard correctly, it has less than 200 miles on it. The Pete and Acar are mid 80's vintage.

The Acar is the only one I got an interior shot of. Tackaberry had juct picked them up, and they had not done anything with them yet. I'm glad to see them get these trucks, because they will be preserved as they are for others to enjoy.

I guess if thousands of trucks are sold new every year, a few will end up like these did with a cushy life. I wish I had the funds to buy some and decide later if I even wanted to title them or use them! I bought a brand new Case horsedrawn hay rake a few years ago still in the crate out of a factory being torn down, but that pales in comparison to the investment the guy laid out when he bought these new! Thanks for posting...........

I guess the bucket truck was cheating but I figured that I would us it since I had it there.

Here are a few more.

Did anybody ever fine ROB??? I looked all over for him and tried calling him too. I had some stuff for him and considered going by his place but still no answer hope all is ok.

Bob

post-28-0-54177400-1340037865_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-69547900-1340037885_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-84033900-1340037904_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-16242400-1340037919_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-51798200-1340037939_thumb.jpg

post-28-0-70853500-1340037958_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

Hey guys great to meet you all and hope to make it to the show again it was great.

It was my time to Macungie but I hope to make it again with the family.

Bob Gil

I am in the front row 2nd from the right.

hope these pictures are not the same as others posted I am still driving trying to get home. made my last stop in Florance Ky. now to Ft. Worth.

Great photos! Love the aieral perspective!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Sorry I did not get to catch up with you guys. My Dad has always wanted to attend the show and really wanted to visit the Mack factory. He has been having trouble with his knee lately and is not able to walk as much as he used to, so I thought I better get him to the factory tour first. By the time we got back, I missed the photo. Always next year. Most of you...err I mean all you guys llok great in the picture.

Better have Yarnall sign the photo now. He is becoming famous with his '50 A-car on the cover of the ATCA "Double Clutch" magazine this month. Good job Mike!

Hey did anyone get some pics of the B8136 sx wrecker?. Of course my camera did not want to coorperate when I tried to snap some photos.

Hello all. I hope you all don't mind me signing up to join in the conversation. I do not own an old or new commercial truck, Mack or other wise but I always appreciated them - especially B models. My uncle Ron Novrit is in the business (Ronald E. Novrit Transportation Consultants) and asked if I wanted to go to the show. It was my first truck show and I am hooked. I will be back next year and might get the bug to get an old truck to show as well (I have some classic cars).

Here are about 130+ pictures I took: http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/oo320/jtformula/Macungie%20PA%20Truck%20Show%206-16-12/

I have about 5 shots of that B8136 sx wrecker. That was my favorite truck of the show. I used to work for a towing company and had my own wrecker (78 C30 Chevy with Wreckmaster Body) for a few years as well so they have a special place in my heart. I wanted to buy a B Tow Truck but I don't have the room right now. Seeing all those great trucks and some of those collections, I have to give you guys come credit. Collecting/Restoring these things is a whole different world then doing muscle and classic cars.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

JT Burkard

I am glad you enjoyed the show JT, I only have one concern. You picked the greatest antique truck show in the world as your first example. Don't be discouraged if the others just don't meet your expectations. There is just something special about the ATCA National Meet that gets you hooked, maybe it is a combination of everything. There are many more good shows around and I will probably see you at some of them..

This Saturday is the TFC Rally at the Lebanon Fairgrounds in Lebanon, PA. Saturday morning there is an 8 mile parade route that we take the trucks out on. There is a good turnout of old and new equipment. It is worth attending and is a fundraiser for Transport for Christ, a great mission.

Doug

• Like 2

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

Hello all. I hope you all don't mind me signing up to join in the conversation. I do not own an old or new commercial truck, Mack or other wise but I always appreciated them - especially B models. My uncle Ron Novrit is in the business (Ronald E. Novrit Transportation Consultants) and asked if I wanted to go to the show. It was my first truck show and I am hooked. I will be back next year and might get the bug to get an old truck to show as well (I have some classic cars).

Here are about 130+ pictures I took: http://s387.photobuc...Show%206-16-12/

I have about 5 shots of that B8136 sx wrecker. That was my favorite truck of the show. I used to work for a towing company and had my own wrecker (78 C30 Chevy with Wreckmaster Body) for a few years as well so they have a special place in my heart. I wanted to buy a B Tow Truck but I don't have the room right now. Seeing all those great trucks and some of those collections, I have to give you guys come credit. Collecting/Restoring these things is a whole different world then doing muscle and classic cars.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

JT Burkard

Welcome to the site, nice pictures too. I hope you find a B model wrecker that you want. Vinny

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

I missed the BMT photo op, but there's always next year. The show was great. Many thanks to all those who work so hard to make sure it happens every year. I was there all day Friday and Saturday and for the first time I had my own rig in the show....Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to spit shine my old truck and come out to play...Heres a picture of my B67 on the field.

post-6282-0-57418600-1340071613_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I missed the BMT photo op, but there's always next year. The show was great. Many thanks to all those who work so hard to make sure it happens every year. I was there all day Friday and Saturday and for the first time I had my own rig in the show....Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to spit shine my old truck and come out to play...Heres a picture of my B67 on the field.

Shawn where were ya? I was up by your B, looking it all over. I was standing right next to it.

Nice picture! real shame they had to stick you between two "inferior makes" ! LOL!.............................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Shawn where were ya? I was up by your B, looking it all over. I was standing right next to it.

I halfway expected a note on my seat or something from you Vinny. "Umodelnut was here! Where were you!?" Lol

We must have been right next to eachother and didnt realize it. Now that I see the labeled BMT photo, I know I caught a glimpse of Leslie and Mike parking Mikes trucks but other than that I didn't meet anybody face to face. I was planning on making the BMT photo but when it came time I was hung up with some friends. Sorry buddy...next year!

Welcome to the site JT. The members here are truly a one stop shop for any kind of info you need on Mack trucks, probably any kind of truck.

Thanks for the pics of the B8136. my camera decided it what tired and I did not get any.

George

I halfway expected a note on my seat or something from you Vinny. "Umodelnut was here! Where were you!?" Lol

We must have been right next to eachother and didnt realize it. Now that I see the labeled BMT photo, I know I caught a glimpse of Leslie and Mike parking Mikes trucks but other than that I didn't meet anybody face to face. I was planning on making the BMT photo but when it came time I was hung up with some friends. Sorry buddy...next year!

Ya, I thought about a note, but I had no Paper or a writing untensil. I'll be there next year.

Welcome to the site JT. The members here are truly a one stop shop for any kind of info you need on Mack trucks, probably any kind of truck.

Thanks for the pics of the B8136. my camera decided it what tired and I did not get any.

George

So far I have found everyone on this site very friendly and helpful. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I am not a driver or own a Mack. But I have always found truckers and truck people to be the best folks around. Always friendly and always helpful. You'll see me around and hopefully I'll meet up with some of you guys at the next show.

So far I have found everyone on this site very friendly and helpful. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since I am not a driver or own a Mack. But I have always found truckers and truck people to be the best folks around. Always friendly and always helpful. You'll see me around and hopefully I'll meet up with some of you guys at the next show.

Yep, were pretty nice, as long as you don't say you like peterbilts then we'll have to start yelling at you. :loldude:

But it's a pleasure to meet you and I'm glad to see you getting involved.

Ben

P.S. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about Detroit Diesels, I'm the one with the obsession of all things Two-Stroke.

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j