Pictures

other dog

In two weeks, there is a B-17 coming to mid-mo to give rides at the local airport - the boys and I ordered tickets last night......can't wait!

One of the finest sounding, best looking airplanes ever built. They had it up in Maine for part of the summer selling rides, damn expensive, I think it was 300.00 per person then went up alot, so never did it. Would sure love to. Enjoy the ride and the life long memory. I forgot what they said it took in fuel to take off, high test leaded gass, but it makes the ride sound pretty reasonable.

One of the finest sounding, best looking airplanes ever built. They had it up in Maine for part of the summer selling rides, damn expensive, I think it was 300.00 per person then went up alot, so never did it. Would sure love to. Enjoy the ride and the life long memory. I forgot what they said it took in fuel to take off, high test leaded gass, but it makes the ride sound pretty reasonable.

We got a nice discount - we have a group of MEN - no skirts allowed - we call the Father-Son club. We were able to fill it and one of the dad's grandfather is a doctor and he flew one of them so....................... I am not paying much at all or this farm boy could not afford it! I am really glad to get the opportunity to go up in one. I was up in a C-47 once and that was cool, but this one had weapons!

I didn't think any of this weeks catches were pathetic, especially with your gripping descriptions of each photo.

Nice interweb finds.

I'm driving- I mean, I was driving the red and white cabover KW. My wife had brought me to the yard one Sunday and took the picture as I was pulling out onto rt. 460.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I think real truck should smoke, not alot but a little brown or black. Mine doesn't smoke, maybe 10% injectors. Here a picture, I love the pictures, but I hate when you are on a 34 lay over and you get a fly in the cab.I would get a picture of him but I don't think he's got long. Yes thats snow in them there hills, It's dry,real dry, they say there was alot more snow last year at this time. Didn't have any pictures of the steep hills, I was holding on to the wheel and had my eyes closed.

That picture of your Vision should be in the Mack calender.

• Like 1

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Here is a photo for the WW2 Aircraft buffs like me. I just got to Smyrna, Tennessee Airport while the number 4 engine was starting up, before taxis instructions from the tower were given to the B 17 Flying Fortress. A Curtis P 40 was supposed to be present but I did not see it on the tarmac.

mike

Thanks for posting that picture Mike! the B-17 is my favorite WWII aircraft,my maternal grandfather was a right-door waist gunner on a "fortress" tough ol' bastard he was! shot down 3 times over Germany,he AND the whole crew lived to tell about it all 3 times!..................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

In two weeks, there is a B-17 coming to mid-mo to give rides at the local airport - the boys and I ordered tickets last night......can't wait!

Believe me,thats money well spent! my brother and i took a "hop" in a B-17 at an airshow in Jersey about 10 years ago,what a thrill! i even got to sit in the co-pilots seat, i'll always remember the captains' remark to me when asked what it was like to fly a "fortress" he said,"Well son,it's kinda like flying a MACK TRUCK!" a great experience for sure! something you'll always remember!....................................Mark

...and, in totally unrelated off topic news, randyp reportedly had a brand new bulldozer custom built for him. It was a special light weight unit so killer b wouldn't have to strain hauling it. Unfortunately, it was destroyed on it's first job, putting out a small brush fire. Randyp later made a brief statement to reporters, saying only "the weiner roast went very well!"

post-1374-0-60148200-1340070588_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Ahhh........tha boots are just not big enough.

mike

I thought that was a typo! BOOTS???? not big enough???? B-O-O-T-S.......oh,ok "boots" i got it now......................................Mark

sunnava gun!..it is on mine too- we must have the same kind of keyboard,eh?

Dammit!

I'm driving- I mean, I was driving the red and white cabover KW. My wife had brought me to the yard one Sunday and took the picture as I was pulling out onto rt. 460.

Excellent.

Jim

...and, in totally unrelated off topic news, randyp reportedly had a brand new bulldozer custom built for him. It was a special light weight unit so killer b wouldn't have to strain hauling it. Unfortunately, it was destroyed on it's first job, putting out a small brush fire. Randyp later made a brief statement to reporters, saying only "the weiner roast went very well!"

Dern, they finally made one i can get parts for! Chainsaw and a coupla gallons gas will get me a new set of tracks! OH Boy!! randyp

Thanks for posting that picture Mike! the B-17 is my favorite WWII aircraft,my maternal grandfather was a right-door waist gunner on a "fortress" tough ol' bastard he was! shot down 3 times over Germany,he AND the whole crew lived to tell about it all 3 times!..................Mark

That makes for a great story Mark. He has a head full of History that needs to be told. I need to post the picture of me and Ole Red Nose. It is one of the Commemortive Air Forces P 51 Mustangs. I got to fly it back in May of 2005 south of Atlanta, GA. Yes fly it. It had just the necessary stick, pedals, throttle with push to talk button, also had airspeed indicator and altimeter. It was for an instructor riding in the rear of the pilot. This plane was all original except did not have the bomb quadrant. I was strapped in my parachute first inwhich I sat on. These seats were dished out for the pilot to sit on his parachute the whole trip. Then I was strapped into the huge seatbelts. On startup it sounded like a big 6 cylinder engine with short pipes until we lined up on the numbers to take off and throttled up. Then the SOB came to life and you cannot hear yourself scream if you tried. But it sure has the most powerful sound with that 12 cylinder Rolls/Royce about 10 feet out front. When that tail lifts up off the runway you better be in control cause ain't no turnin back. We did 320 mph in a high speed dive just below the trees. G/f is tellin me to go home cause I got to work tomorrow.

I'll see if I can take a picture of a picture and post it.

mike

I think real truck should smoke, not alot but a little brown or black. Mine doesn't smoke, maybe 10% injectors. Here a picture, I love the pictures, but I hate when you are on a 34 lay over and you get a fly in the cab.I would get a picture of him but I don't think he's got long. Yes thats snow in them there hills, It's dry,real dry, they say there was alot more snow last year at this time. Didn't have any pictures of the steep hills, I was holding on to the wheel and had my eyes closed.

I must say you have the best looking vision ever! Ive seen pics of it on google and that is one sexy truck!!!

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

Not sure if Otherdog got a pic of this crane truck or not but I think he got the rest of the pics if so sorry for the repost as I saw them while at a light and grabbed the phone

Since you were stopped at a light, I guess it's safe to assume you got the VIN off the crane truck.

Jim

Not sure if Otherdog got a pic of this crane truck or not but I think he got the rest of the pics if so sorry for the repost as I saw them while at a light and grabbed the phone

Sweet!!! Thanks. The only U model is that green single axle dump over there. He has some of them on Trucktrader dont he? He had a U685ST, same as mine with a close serial number to mine. Im pretty sure it was 11593, mine is 11692.

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

few more pictures I took this week, with gripping descriptions of them-

it was very hot

then it got hotter

I saw a green firetruck for sale

a girl in a carpost-1374-0-60984100-1340452187_thumb.jp

some Mack trucks on rt.30 in Pa, these were a little ways west of rt. 22

a big Mack mixer

A good looking Superliner, V8 500. Too bad I didn't get a picture of the cab instead of just the trail of smoke he left me in.

a blurry Superliner

mini truck with mini excavator

yay! Antique truck magazines!

• Like 2