I must be f***ed in the head...

tkobes43

Well fellow mack lovers, I'm about to finalize my next mack purchase. I don't know if you remember the one i posted about a year ago. Its down in Newark NJ. Ive been trying to get it for a few years now. I stopped in today since i was in the area and they guy said its for sale! finally! I left my business card and said he will call me over the weekend. I will include a few pictures.

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0283-1.jpg

These where taken last year, and now the truck has gotten ALOT worse. All the tires have gone flat. Missing emblems, some glass, interior parts. But everything mechanical is untouched! Just about 10yrs worth of dust and sh**.

If i do end up buying it, I'm going to use my go pro and tape the whole ride home. Im either deciding on a few from inside the truck facing forward, or a video outside facing the trailer.....

Thought id keep you guys updated.

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

The truck is in really good shape! Very little rot, just on the front fenders, floors are very solid, the cab is straight as a door nail! The guy said its been sitting for 7 or so years. Right now it has tandem axles sitting on the frame, then on top of that is a jet ski! lol. Its been in that spot for awhile. But I'm hoping to get it soon just awaiting his phone call.

Well fellow mack lovers, I'm about to finalize my next mack purchase. I don't know if you remember the one i posted about a year ago. Its down in Newark NJ. Ive been trying to get it for a few years now. I stopped in today since i was in the area and they guy said its for sale! finally! I left my business card and said he will call me over the weekend. I will include a few pictures.

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0283-1.jpg

These where taken last year, and now the truck has gotten ALOT worse. All the tires have gone flat. Missing emblems, some glass, interior parts. But everything mechanical is untouched! Just about 10yrs worth of dust and sh**.

If i do end up buying it, I'm going to use my go pro and tape the whole ride home. Im either deciding on a few from inside the truck facing forward, or a video outside facing the trailer.....

Thought id keep you guys updated.

Tom

Tbone,

I think I know the who has that truck, and I have done a few deals with Mike, I could tell you that they are good stand-up people to deal with!! It's like ya gotta catch him in a seller mood, or he just is not gonna sell!! I've wanted to buy that C-1000 dodge tractor off of him fo about 2 year now and he just will not come to his senses as far as price goes!! If you need any help just email me, I'm only about 10 min. frome his yard Good Luck!!

Ernie DS

Tbone,

I think I know the who has that truck, and I have done a few deals with Mike, I could tell you that they are good stand-up people to deal with!! It's like ya gotta catch him in a seller mood, or he just is not gonna sell!! I've wanted to buy that C-1000 dodge tractor off of him fo about 2 year now and he just will not come to his senses as far as price goes!! If you need any help just email me, I'm only about 10 min. frome his yard Good Luck!!

Ernie DS

Yes that is very true! I have been popping my head in and out of that place for 2 years now asking about that damn truck. all the other times he says, the owner of the b model (Devino doesn't own this one) is in jail, out of the country, business trip, etc. But this time i guess i caught him in a better mood he said the owner is ready to sell it. I gave him my card and I'm just waiting for a phone call. Then she will be on my trailer coming home! They are very nice people, if you catch them on the right day. I have been given the brunt of them full force. But somehow i keep on going back to save that damn truck!! LOL

Nothings gonna stop me! :twothumbsup:

OH if your talking about that blue dodge tractor out by the road, it is now gone! I didn't see it by the road anymore. It was in VERY nice shape to if i remember correctly.

Tom

Yes that is very true! I have been popping my head in and out of that place for 2 years now asking about that damn truck. all the other times he says, the owner of the b model (Devino doesn't own this one) is in jail, out of the country, business trip, etc. But this time i guess i caught him in a better mood he said the owner is ready to sell it. I gave him my card and I'm just waiting for a phone call. Then she will be on my trailer coming home! They are very nice people, if you catch them on the right day. I have been given the brunt of them full force. But somehow i keep on going back to save that damn truck!! LOL

Nothings gonna stop me! :twothumbsup:

OH if your talking about that blue dodge tractor out by the road, it is now gone! I didn't see it by the road anymore. It was in VERY nice shape to if i remember correctly.

Tom

Tom,

I pasted there Thursday and it was still there! It's down the road up against the fence, shit I hope he didn't scrap it!

Tom,

I pasted there Thursday and it was still there! It's down the road up against the fence, shit I hope he didn't scrap it!

I was there Friday and I'm 90% sure i didn't see it! Maybe i was to caught up in the fact that the mack is finally for sale!

Tom

Looks to be pretty complete other than what you mentioned,good solid truck,i hope the deal goes through! one more Mack saved from the scrapper!...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Aluminum Tanks?? Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Mark- I really hope the deal goes through! Ive been wanting this truck for just about 2 years now. Been sitting in the same spot since. Hasn't moved at all. I haven't received a phone call yet, So i will give them a call Monday and see whats going on.

Mike- Yes i told him I'm planning on fixing it up. I told him i have one already at my home. Im going to be calling him tomorrow!

Vinny- Im doing my best to get it!

Paul- Not aluminum, Diamond plate, painted white! I thought it was aluminum too, but its now :(

Tom