Connecticut Construction Trucks

Anybody know the process of registering old trucks in CT? My uncle and I want to register our Macks (1958 B65LT and 1964 B61SX) as antiques but we've been getting conflicting information on whether or not they need to be DOT inspected before the DMV will issue antique plates. The trucks will not be used commercially.

Thanks.

Fill out inspector qualification form and annual inspection form and you should be alright bill of sale or title helps too . Ive been doing that way for the last 20 plus years at least 30 trucks trailers even one 93 RB from Canada no heavy highway use tax .Insurance card plus a accord sheet tells the amount of the policy .

Ed

So you are saying these trucks need to be inspected before they can be issued antique plates? And they have to be inspected annually?

Are you also saying the "inspector" can be him, me, or almost anyone off the street?

I'm not trying to play dumb, I just want to be crystal clear about this because we keep getting different answers from different sources.

If not going to be "used/worked", with a antique plate, go to DMV with insurance card, title ( if post 1980) bill of sale, reg form filled out, and go home with plates, no inspection needed. If any problems, explain to them it is a toy, you go to shows, and do not work it. If for some reason no go, visit another branch. No problem at Bridgeport branch, other than the lines.

• Like 1

If not going to be "used/worked", with a antique plate, go to DMV with insurance card, title ( if post 1980) bill of sale, reg form filled out, and go home with plates, no inspection needed. If any problems, explain to them it is a toy, you go to shows, and do not work it. If for some reason no go, visit another branch. No problem at Bridgeport branch, other than the lines.

Old saybrook nice eye candy Hamden smells and Waterbury.

Ed

Danbury wanted the letter, went Bridgeport and walked out w/ plates. Only problem is they lost the title I turned in so they wouldn't issue me a new title.

The date changed on Oct 1st anyway that anything over 20 yrs oid would not get a title.