Connecticut Construction Trucks

They bought 6 U-models from Hallamore. They were 84's with 300s, Hallamore got them from Hertz-Penski and put 2 stick 6 speeds in them. My dad was told to cut all the A/C belts on them.

I remember hearing that. I was told they didnt have power steering either. They just use those R-Model's for jockeying trailers, right?

Mack and OshKosh enthusiest in central CT

I remeber Blakeslee's Superliner triaxle and saw the driver all the time but can't remember his name. He drove that truck from new back in the day. Would love to see some old Macks from south eastern Conn. from Soneco and Romanella.

That would be Blakeslee Arpaia and Chapman they broke up in the late 70's but are still neighbors. That superliner is now owned by Crosby's Northeast Foundations of Branford, but Blakeslee A and C still got their tandem superliner tractor that they use all the time when the KW sits in the corner

• Like 2

Matt

My dad remember back when they use to have all the old stuff working in the center of Meriden with the 275Bs.

Those 275's were working machines. Michigan was a top notch company then. Right up there with Cat. We still run a 475 as spare quarry loader. Mean looking machine! It has alot more class then the komatsu.

That would be Blakeslee Arpaia and Chapman they broke up in the late 70's but are still neighbors. That superliner is now owned by Crosby's Northeast Foundations of Branford, but Blakeslee A and C still got their tandem superliner tractor that they use all the time when the KW sits in the corner

Thanks for the info 2stack

I remeber Blakeslee's Superliner triaxle and saw the driver all the time but can't remember his name. He drove that truck from new back in the day. Would love to see some old Macks from south eastern Conn. from Soneco and Romanella.

There's a dude on flickr that has alot of Soneco and old school A.P. Marquardt pix. He goes by bemymack.

• Like 1