Connecticut Construction Trucks

Marquardt, There's a name I have not heard in years. They hauled a lot of dry cement for Seneco along with fuel.

They had a nice Brockway fleet back then. They're mostly Mack now with the exception of a couple Pete's. They still do alot of cement for Tilcon Ct. Gas seems to be they're bread and butter now though.

• Like 1

Mack and OshKosh enthusiest in central CT

I saw Gateway Terminals from New Haven with a mint R model tractor pulling a dump trailer earlier. Alum buds in front, alum tanks, all painted up nice. I'll have to track it down

They re-did that truck about 5 years ago. It has a 300, 12 speed, 46k rears. They usually only use it with the lowboy but use it with dump trailer if really busy. I have been meaning to get a picture of it since my dad works down there all the time. They have a couple old macks hiding in the garage too.

Matt

I saw Gateway Terminals from New Haven with a mint R model tractor pulling a dump trailer earlier. Alum buds in front, alum tanks, all painted up nice. I'll have to track it down

That was the first brand new truck that they bought. That truck looks better then his newer stuff, they do a good job keeping that truck nice. About a year ago I saw it hauling a D8 sized dozer up 91.

That was the first brand new truck that they bought. That truck looks better then his newer stuff, they do a good job keeping that truck nice. About a year ago I saw it hauling a D8 sized dozer up 91.

They bought that new in 87 along with two brad new Fruehaufs in 85. They use to have a R700 with a V8 and a DM800 with a Cummins pull their lowboy

Matt

Those trucks still around?

I haven't seen the 81 around New Britain or Newington (where they keep all they're road equipment). Most of the traffic trucks are ex-Balf tractors, older KW's and Internationals. I was told a couple months ago that Tilcon is starting to unload alot of trucks and equipment. I know for fact that they're only running 30-35 mixers statewide. They used to run over twenty out of New Britain and at least 25 out of Granby. When they get busy they rent out trucks from other union companies like Suzio and O and G if they're not busy. Something is up because they're cleaning house.

I haven't seen the 81 around New Britain or Newington (where they keep all they're road equipment). Most of the traffic trucks are ex-Balf tractors, older KW's and Internationals. I was told a couple months ago that Tilcon is starting to unload alot of trucks and equipment. I know for fact that they're only running 30-35 mixers statewide. They used to run over twenty out of New Britain and at least 25 out of Granby. When they get busy they rent out trucks from other union companies like Suzio and O and G if they're not busy. Something is up because they're cleaning house.

Nowhere near the work there was a few years back...I hauled a lot sand to their E.Granby/Granby location for many years,haven't for the last 4!

Nowhere near the work there was a few years back...I hauled a lot sand to their E.Granby/Granby location for many years,haven't for the last 4!

Where did you haul the sand from? They got kinda busy late last summer and fall, but I guess not busy enough to warrent hiring guys. Although, my buddy that worked in Saybrook told me two weeks ago that they shut the plant down, and they where shuffled into the senority list in Norwich. Saybrook was always a money making plant.

Where did you haul the sand from? They got kinda busy late last summer and fall, but I guess not busy enough to warrent hiring guys. Although, my buddy that worked in Saybrook told me two weeks ago that they shut the plant down, and they where shuffled into the senority list in Norwich. Saybrook was always a money making plant.

Southwick MA,Montgomery MA and West Suffield CT.

Marquardt? Trucks are located in Waterford CT. The owner runs a 2 stack Mack CH. They are about an equal mix of Petes and Macks. There latest purchase as far as I know was a W-900. Are there any Tilcon photos of their V-8 DM 800's and their DM 600's (the high cabs) I still see some from time to time as they were all purchased by local second hand contractors.

They had a V-8 at the wallin ford quarry a while back. Saw one of their high DM's on Ct 372 a while back.