I wanted to post this before, but this is the first chance I got.

We bought our B60 at our local scrapyard, after being told that a guy was restoring it, it got wrecked, and he scrapped it. The owner of the scrapyard, John Garvin (he's a great guy) got us in contact with the guy who owned the truck before us. We went to his house, where he still had everything he took off of it. We bought the stuff from him (for an awesome price) plus a bunch of other stuff to.

post-10909-0-65991700-1336959176_thumb.j

post-10909-0-47141000-1336959181_thumb.j

post-10909-0-66321800-1336959183_thumb.j

post-10909-0-96628300-1336959185_thumb.j

Also, a beautiful, stainless steel peterbilt front bumper, as well as the original bumper from the B60, and a bunch of other cool accessories.

And my favorite part of it all:

post-10909-0-52941100-1336959476_thumb.j

He also gave us a picture of the truck when he bought it 25 years ago. I'll post that as soon as I scan it in.

Also, our friend Brian Vought Sr. (another nice guy) is going to be doing the brakes this week. After that, it's sand, paint, assemble, and DRIVE!

Ben

• Like 1
post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

Awesome Cousin Ben!!!! Im so happy that you got them parts. I will have to post pictures if I get any parts. I like that radiator shell too, is that the original one off the truck? Make sure you post all your progress. Cousin Vinny

Yes, it's the factory original, stainless-steel, chrome grille shell. I love it. If I can convince my dad to let me put the peterbilt bumper on it, it will look amazing. He thinks it would look better with the original bumper though. We'll see.

Ben

Yes, it's the factory original, stainless-steel, chrome grille shell. I love it. If I can convince my dad to let me put the peterbilt bumper on it, it will look amazing. He thinks it would look better with the original bumper though. We'll see.

Ben

PeTeRbUiLt bumper???? You best not let anyone on here hear that. Im trying to hold my thoughts inside of me............

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

Ben

That Pete bumper on a Mack is highly unrecommended. The grille shell is probably chrome plated carbon steel. Never seen one in stainless myself.

Uncle Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

PeTeRbUiLt bumper???? You best not let anyone on here hear that. Im trying to hold my thoughts inside of me............

That Pete bumper on a Mack is highly unrecommended. The grille shell is probably chrome plated carbon steel. Never seen one in stainless myself.

Uncle Rob

I just like the way those bumpers look, not that they come from peterbilts. If we put it on, it would look like this:

post-10909-0-16331800-1336961357_thumb.j

That's the kind of bumper it is. My dad likes the original bumper better, it's the normal steel one with the grill protector. We also got two beautiful, chrome air horns fo the roof too.

Ben

I just like the way those bumpers look, not that they come from peterbilts. If we put it on, it would look like this:

post-10909-0-16331800-1336961357_thumb.j

That's the kind of bumper it is. My dad likes the original bumper better, it's the normal steel one with the grill protector. We also got two beautiful, chrome air horns fo the roof too.

Ben

Although Pauls' truck is very nice, I do not personally like the look of the massive front bumper. I don't like them on any truck. Can't beat the looks of the original and breast plate on a B series Mack.

Uncle Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Although Pauls' truck is very nice, I do not personally like the look of the massive front bumper. I don't like them on any truck. Can't beat the looks of the original and breast plate on a B series Mack.

Uncle Rob

That's what my dad said.

Ben

That's what my dad said.

Ben

And now you will tell us why you would not listen to your dad?

Listen to your dad young Jabberwocky, he has eons more time in the saddle.

Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves

Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:

All mimsy were ye borogoves;

And ye mome raths outgrabe.

I bet this does not make sense to you right now, but just like the bumper thing, your dad will understand it.

Well, here's my .02.

I like stock bumpers, on most things. Custom bumpers are cool too, to a point. As per my truck:

newbumper3a.jpg

I has this custom built for my truck per my drawing. Most factory sized bumpers are too wide for a B model and stick out the sides. Mine is narrow and fits the truck better.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I agree, stock bumper with "B Model Ben" on the breast plate. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Well, here's my .02.

I like stock bumpers, on most things. Custom bumpers are cool too, to a point. As per my truck:

newbumper3a.jpg

I has this custom built for my truck per my drawing. Most factory sized bumpers are too wide for a B model and stick out the sides. Mine is narrow and fits the truck better.

Larry - I am all for stock bumpers EXCEPT in cases like yours where you stretched it out, added the sleeper and just generally are "Livin Large"! Yours looks sharp.

DO NOT talk Vinny into living large, he might think it has something to do with fat gals.

Larry - I am all for stock bumpers EXCEPT in cases like yours where you stretched it out, added the sleeper and just generally are "Livin Large"! Yours looks sharp.

DO NOT talk Vinny into living large, he might think it has something to do with fat gals.

A fat chick in the passenger seat may be a bonus for him.

Rob

He may want to get a sleeper cab if he does want to "live large".................LOL!!

There isn't much space on the passenger side of a B model.

This is what the bumper looked like on my truck when I bought it:

Expo2002036-2.jpg

Perfect for a towing company truck(previous owned by). Big and burly(read that: ugly). When my friend said "tell me what you want and I'll make if for you".....I wasn't going to make it stock. I carefully measured and played around with designs on the computer before sending it off to him. Within a couple weeks, that big ol bounder showed up at work on a large skid. Custom, one of a kind, never to be reproduced. Friend was part owner of Atlanta Stampings(truck bumper manufacturer), passed from cancer last summer. Hope I never need another one.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

He may want to get a sleeper cab if he does want to "live large".................LOL!!

There isn't much space on the passenger side of a B model.

This is what the bumper looked like on my truck when I bought it:

Expo2002036-2.jpg

Perfect for a towing company truck(previous owned by). Big and burly(read that: ugly). When my friend said "tell me what you want and I'll make if for you".....I wasn't going to make it stock. I carefully measured and played around with designs on the computer before sending it off to him. Within a couple weeks, that big ol bounder showed up at work on a large skid. Custom, one of a kind, never to be reproduced. Friend was part owner of Atlanta Stampings(truck bumper manufacturer), passed from cancer last summer. Hope I never need another one.

Okay, okay, you did the right thing. New bumper is a big improvement! Good you saved the old photos...........