i think i gona need a cab for my b61 towtruck.

took the cab of this weekend and it`s very bad rusted.

the floor and the bottum of the rear are in very bad condition.

so if someone has a cab plaese let me know.

post some pictures as soon as i have put them on my computer.

thank you.

mack4ever.

Those cabs are made of real American steel,they can be welded.

i agree i have put some pretty nasty cabs back together and they always come out looking great, the last one had no floor and the back six inches of the bottom of the cab was gone along with all the other rust and it cleaned up great.

• Like 1

I am thinking about taking my cab off of my B87 tractor.I don't think the rust is anything major but I just want to know that I get all of it.There is some rusted out where the air cleaner mount to the cab,and along the back of cab has been repaied before.My family is the orignal owner of the truck so I want to do it right.Any suggestion on a good body man.Truck is located in Phila.PA Will travel to have good work done.Thanks Mike Durkin

I am thinking about taking my cab off of my B87 tractor.I don't think the rust is anything major but I just want to know that I get all of it.There is some rusted out where the air cleaner mount to the cab,and along the back of cab has been repaied before.My family is the orignal owner of the truck so I want to do it right.Any suggestion on a good body man.Truck is located in Phila.PA Will travel to have good work done.Thanks Mike Durkin

Mike,,,,,, Have you talked to Art Cooper over at H&K

He should be able to steer you in the right direction.....Just dont let Art do it or it will come back GREEN

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Pretty rough. Mine was bad enough, though maybe not quite as bad. I ended up cutting the whole floor out, except the frame work area for the center panel that unbolts. I then rebuilt everything, including the inner rocker panel with 16ga steel. Won't call it a perfect restoration, but solid as rock. My rear mount was junk, so I had to reinforce that area too. I had the angles and U channel bent at local sheetmetal place. He's done ALOT of work for me over the years. He rolled me new rear fenders, bent the alum. for my genset box, etc.

If you note, I put a piece of 1" sq. tube across the middle where the front of seats bolts down. Gave it extra rigidity.

This was back in 2002?

After I cut everything out:

nofloor.jpg

newsill2.jpg

Starting to put it back:

newpassflr.jpg

newfloor4.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

it`s not only the floor.

the back of the cab is also in very bad shape.

i`m taking everything out of the cab and then i wil see what i can do.

i hope i`m going to find a cab that is in better shape but there are not so many here in europe.

let you all know how it works out.

leon.

Leon,

I agree with Mike, that cab can be salvaged. A good sheet metal fabricator can make new panels and weld them in place. And it is probably less expensive than having us ship you a better cab.

If you do decide that you really need a new cab, I have a totally rust-free cab from the dry country in New Mexico, complete with fenders and headlight panels that I can package up for shipment to you.

E-mail me directly at vanscottbuilders@rochester.rr.com

I think I still have your shipping info here.

Paul Van Scott