Ralph Ostrom

Lmackattack

My grandfather Ralph Ostrom passed away early this morning. He was in his early 90's and my #1 role model. Born in the great depression , married at age 19 before he shipped off to fight in WWII . Rode the HMS Queen Marry to war when it was a troop transport. He was a U.S. army Medic who served in England and Alaska. Missed the Normandy landing by dumb luck of catching the flu. He later returned and continued his job of operating a small family machine shop in Chicago. He started with little to nothing and made a successful all American business. He always provided for his family and made sure we all had a good life. He was a true American hero who made his own dreams come true without hand outs. He was sickened by how this once prosperous country has fallen into greed and political failure. Felt we left to many idiots at the controls and let them sell us down a river.

I Just wonder about all he has seen thru his eyes and how much has changed in his 90 + years on this earth. Sadly I will just never fully understand life as he knew it but think he is right when he said the each new generation will never know how good life really could be if we just slowed down and looked around every now and then. I saw him last Sunday afternoon before leaving on business and on one of his final days could still give a firm handshake and look you in the eye. He will forever be missed but never forgotten

R.I.P

post-17-0-32582900-1334199811_thumb.jpg

I truly understand how you can miss someone such as him. I miss my father and probably think of him still each day. Mine was shipped over on the Queen Elizabeth while it was a troop carrier also. He landed on Omaha Beech but did not have to go in until they cleared the beech of all the dead GI's.

My Sympathies go out to you and your families.

mike

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your loss. He sounds like an outstanding man, and a huge everloving Patriot loyal to his country. My condolences.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

sorry to hear of your loss. i know what its like to lose your hero i lost mine 9 years ago. my grand father was the one who bought the firetruck that ive been working on trying to keep one of his favorite things in the world going.

Sorry to hear of your loss Trent.

I lost both of my grandfathers a while ago. My fathers father during 1997 and my mothers father in 2000 (just 5 days after the new year.). Then I lost my father in 2003 (he had been bed ridden with severe brain damage due to a massive stroke since 1994). I too have a picture of my grandfather in uniform. It was taken during/after WWII and is hanging on my wall at home.

All the good men in my life have been long gone. Its a terrible thing to see them go.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

My deepest sympathy to you and your family It always hurts to lose such an important person in our lives and only time will help heal the void.

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

Trent,i too am sorry for your loss,and i know just what its like,i miss my father and grandfather everyday,they were my role models as well. Between the two of them they taught me all i know about the trucking business (which was about half of what they knew!) i enjoyed reading about your grandad,the WWII era truly was "America's Greatest Generation" in my opinion.........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

trent, my family feels your pain, we as a generation will never know the good life the older gen. knew. alot of good info. has been lost over the years. we will keep your family in our evening prayers.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.