I need help quick Mack Drivers

I am trying to change careers... after coaching for 15 years I have decided that I would like to be a truck driver... this should not be a surprise since I am from Ganado TX and all of the men i grew up with were Truck Drivers or worked in the oil field. I am looking forward to my new career and companies are ready to hire me here in Victoria... I took the A CDL passed I took the T endorsement and passed... I can no take the HAZMAT which I am ready to pass until I pass the DPS driving test... How the hell do I do this without a truck... Victoria College has a trucking degree and certifications but it's 4,000 for 3 days if i read the site right... or $300 for a school in Houston... Can anyone give me any leads of how to get the drivers test done without asking a personal friend to borrow his truck HE CAN NOT TRAIN ME UNTIL I HAVE MY A CLASS... Unless I'm wrong and my former B class is a real A now even without the driving test... I am highly confused pissed and need to know how to do this so I can get my HAZMAT while I have great companies still hiring... Or if you know of someone that will take me now and train me at their yard that would be great too... can send them my resume and references...

markfreeman93@yahoo.com

And if you can call and help me speed up the process that would be even better.

Mark Freeman 512-909-2529

First of all, I sense a hint of "spam" here. Thank you for the flowers though Mike. Mr. Freeman,,,transportation technicians are not "made" in 3 or 4 days. There is a plethoria of situations to encounter on the road in this industry that cannot be learned from a book or video. Yes, you do have to satisfy all the legalities, pass tests,,etc.,,,but doing all those things wont make you an instant driver. Its kinda like me going to a coaching academic site and telling coaches I am tired of driving, I want to be a coach, gottta do it in 3 or 4 days, forget all other B.S. and just hand me the degree. Lives are at stake when you are operating large trucks, not just yours, but others. Anyways, all said and done, if trucking companies are so eager down there to hire, they will train you and provide you a truck to test in and satisfy all legalities. Believe me, They are very eager for you to be responsible and safe in their vehicles. Now dont get your feelings hurt, just slow down and think all this through. randyp

you are so right randy. i've been driving trucks for 42 years and there isn't a day that goes by without me learning something new. the day i stop learning is time to crawl down out of the cab.
  • Like 1

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

Yeah, its scary when you think bout all the situations you been in that books and videos cant cover. It definitely is a daily learning process. I hope he doesnt think I was trying to shun him away from this bidness, I wasnt, He just dont need to think its something you just learn in a few days and take off with it. randyp

Yeah, its scary when you think bout all the situations you been in that books and videos cant cover. It definitely is a daily learning process. I hope he doesnt think I was trying to shun him away from this bidness, I wasnt, He just dont need to think its something you just learn in a few days and take off with it. randyp

You bees brighter'an' i gives you credit fo'!........................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Different time and place i know,but i never went to "driving school" learned the old school way,i know that is'nt always possible in todays world,but if i was to teach someone from scratch how to run a truck,i would'nt be comfortable turning them loose on the world with much less than a years experience,and even then it would be "my way or the highway"...i don't fault anyone for trying to better their situation,but you CAN'T learn to drive a truck in three weeks from a book or video,it's imposible!...........................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

you CAN'T learn to drive a truck in three weeks from a book or video,it's imposible!...........................Mark

Agreed, just like these dorks that go to a 6 month "Equipment Operators" school. Might learn how to check the fluids and service a few machines in 6 months but thats about it.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I live in Victoria, Tx. Why don't you apply at Key services and train for free and get your hazmat training from them.? There are other oil field outfits in this area that will train you to drive for free.But nothing free comes without a cost. The oil field will work you into the ground and will make sweaty lockrooms suddendly look good.

Not to steal the thread but one of the guys we hired in this manner , was working on overtime and trying to pass a lime truck on a two lane going into a slight curve.. He got about 3/4 the way around him and there was another lime truck, then seen a car coming and tried to slide over in between the two.... he shot between them clipping the rear of the two and off into the ditch and overturned with 62000 pound coming for him through the back of the cab. He lived somehow.. Just scary s*(* . I told my boss just the other day.. Never again ... never again .... Hire experience it will pay for itself tenfold in the long run ..

• Like 1

I am not a truck driver.... Just respect the equipment and the men operating them. Drivers need to respect truck drivers a bit more. I am on the highway 3 hours a day and nothing upsets me more than a tractor trailer waiting for a signal frm another driver that it's safe to change lanes. First thing I did when I met my wife is taught he to flash (sorry guys) her lights when it was safe to go back into her lane. God Bless you all!

Pete

• Like 1

http://www.xtranorma...68909/drvers-ed

With all this talk about driving school, I had to bring this out.

Although aimed at a certain person, it applies to everyone.

That person is still some other dog as he drives a penisbilt now

• Like 2

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

LOL where do you find this stuff?? Great video, I might join to so I can learn the "Breaker breaker cb stuff" and get my chain drive truckers wallet that will look bad ass when I hop out of my freightshaker.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

He's not talking about me- unfortunately, I no longer get to drive a Peterbilt.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.