my new Autocar

Jocko

That looks like a Bristol Donald Tri Hoist body? And if it is, It's still one of the best bump bodies ever made! And from the look's of the truck; who ever ordered it back in the day didn't go cheap!

BULLHUSK PS go on Google and put in Autocar (trucks) parts and see what happens

• 4 weeks later...

yup i do to. hows the b model comin out

I have gotten so swamped with work (busy auction and planting seasons right now), that I have only driven it twice! I bought a junk truck with a bad engine the other day with four new tires on the back so I plan to install them soon. I also bought a truck with a good dump bed that will slide right on and I may do that so I can use it around here some. Life gets in the way of fun sometimes!

Surprised you painted the A-Car,looked pretty nice when you got it...

I liked it original also. I think he forgot the "gloss" additive in the repaint.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

yeah it was nice but it needed some body work and i plan on wet sanding the truck and then im putting the clear coat on

If that was a basecoat color, don't waste your money applying clearcoat over the top of dry base. It will not stick. You cannot sand a basecoat color or you will destroy the film integrity. Basecoat must be clearcoated within 24 hours of being sprayed or clear will not adhere.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Maybe your reducer was to fast? It looks like the paint was drying to fast when re-coating? I'm not a pro. painter but I have had that happen to be when I used a fast reducer cause I was too LAZY to go to the paint store to get a med. reducer!! The next morning I lite sanded the cab and clear coated it, it was OK but not great

BULLHUSK