my new Autocar

Jocko

Good Luck with the Acar. I bet it weighs over 28,000 lbs. empty, if Jersey Specs 55 rears,24" rubber (tube type). I had a Paystar 5000 tandem 32,000 empty weight. Constructor Plate was good for 70,000 gross in Jersey no axle weights.I got nailed 2 days in a row over $4,000.00 for over gross arounf 1985. I got spanked good.Do you have work lined up? Joe D.

Leversole did the Acar you posted have a 2 stick Fuller married box? If so it looks like the Acar that was owned by a Teamster Union Local for driver training. It was at a show a few years ago. I think it was for sale in a magazine or Ebay. Nice it found a good home. Joe D.

Just cant go wrong with a classic A-CAR! just a timeless truck..................Mark

They are a stought looking truck Wish we still had ours and wish I had pictures of it. Had a 23 yard box on it. 335 cummins and a 13 speed. It is the 2nd A-car I ever rode in and 1rst to drive. When I was still in school had 3 with that color scheme which I am sure isn't rare. I cannot remember the name of the company. But for a long time they had the city of Hollywood locked up on there dump station hauling cans out. You could hear them coming a mile away. They'd wait till you got in the cross walk going to lunch and give you a shot of straight pipe Jake it was awsome!!! Next best thing to the sound of a Mechanical cat is a Straight piped mechanical Cummins. The old Macks sounded awsome to.

I just remembered the name of the roll off company it was J&A. Think they where out of Jersey or somewhere up there. They sold out or merged with. I don't remember

Prolly the same truck based on this!

post-6773-0-16940800-1333251714_thumb.jp

Bullhusk, were the Autocars power up power down on the dump bodies? I like that dash board. I helped local 493 back in the early "80's teach driver training. A bunch of great guys fixed up an old Hess truck which the local purchased from Hess, a White road boss all painted up and pretty( as pretty as you could get a Road Boss). Spent weekends training drivers had a lot of fun.

Bullhusk, were the Autocars power up power down on the dump bodies? I like that dash board. I helped local 493 back in the early "80's teach driver training. A bunch of great guys fixed up an old Hess truck which the local purchased from Hess, a White road boss all painted up and pretty( as pretty as you could get a Road Boss). Spent weekends training drivers had a lot of fun.

Tim,

They were not power down pistons, they were frame mounted plated to a trip. frame, what we did do on these trucks , if you noticed is that the two exh. stacks flow out of the pass. side cause of the noise. The trucks also had 5X4 Double O's trans. with bucket rears. You see those air breathers!! Colonial put those on all of there equipment including there tug boats

BULLHUSK

Good Luck with the new Autocar. If it's in as good shape mechanically as it is cosmetically, you should be good for another 41 years.

post-5662-0-83659900-1333252832_thumb.jp

I'd seen that view out of the back window of the family car when I was a kid, and it still scares me to the point of soiling myself. :unsure:

Jim

Tim,

They were not power down pistons, they were frame mounted plated to a trip. frame, what we did do on these trucks , if you noticed is that the two exh. stacks flow out of the pass. side cause of the noise. The trucks also had 5X4 Double O's trans. with bucket rears. You see those air breathers!! Colonial put those on all of there equipment including there tug boats

BULLHUSK

Can't imagine the noise from those Detroit's when lifting the bodies. Do you know if there are any video's of these big trucks?

White road boss all painted up and pretty

Wait - I have to thrown the brakes on here. This is like an oxymoron; dark light, jumbo shrimp, sound of silence, quiet riot, etc. I owned a 1980 White Road Boss and even if you dipped it in chrome, you could not make that thing pretty.

Wait - I have to thrown the brakes on here. This is like an oxymoron; dark light, jumbo shrimp, sound of silence, quiet riot, etc. I owned a 1980 White Road Boss and even if you dipped it in chrome, you could not make that thing pretty.

I like any White, Autocar, Diamond Reo,etc, that used that cab. I think '77 was the first year of the RB2. Bigger cab no doubt, but something was lost in the transition.

WhiteRB7300-vi.jpg

Jim

Yes I agree but if you have a ugly daughter you still hope someone will take her to the prom.

Yes I agree but if you have a ugly daughter you still hope someone will take her to the prom.

I always think about that ugly girl in that movie about womens baseball - A league of their own. Did you see that? That gal could really pitch, but damn she was ugly! Her dad had better be pround of her throwing arm - not much else to write home about.