What's this '84 Superliner worth?

A friend of mine used to own this truck and he called to let me know it is going to be auctioned off in a few weeks. I have been looking for a Mack tractor to pull a landoll trailer. He said it has a six cylinder Mack engine, 8 speed transmission, aluminum wheels, tires are 60% or better, air lift third axle, coffin sleeper, and heavy spring rear ends - that is all he remembered. I know it is a wide range, but what is a ballpark as far as value?

post-6658-0-42805500-1332964675.jpg

sorry for the crappy photo

I plan on shooting anyone that shows up at the auction and outbids me so you have been warned!

looks early 80s.. heres my .02

If the cab is good and just needs paint, engine is good with no problems, straight single frame with no rust or double with no spreading, I would say around 3500-5k but thats just me. I know others will pay more and the exporters will pay as high as 7-9k

I bought my 1978 RS700L for 3k and drove it home from KC Mo to Chicago IL..all it needed was paint, tires,and lots of little genral maintance.Biggest issue was the cab had rust around the rain rail but I fixed that with a new roof skin.

Trent

I don't know how much it's worth, but it's pretty cool. With auctions, its worth what somebody will pay for it. If nobody else at the auction wants it (unlikely) you could buy it for 5 dollars. My dad and I have bought tons of stuff ridiculusly cheap because nobody else wanted it. We bought an old GM city bus for $5 at an auction once. Good luck on buying that Bulldog. I'll look for you on the news if somebody else wins it. :loldude:

Ben

post-10909-0-78145100-1332278883_thumb.j

You are right about that ben - if no one else wants it (and the auction company is not crooked) you can get things for a song. I placed one bid at a auction one time and bought 30 Ford Rangers a few years ago - that was a steal, I lost sleep for a week I felt so bad - not.

Even though we live fairly close to one another I think I will not be there if were to be there it would be to encourage you to bid more however if it was a V-8 with those specs as Grandpa always said when the auction starts friendship stops but when it's over lets go have a beer because now were friends again

• Like 1

Even though we live fairly close to one another I think I will not be there if were to be there it would be to encourage you to bid more however if it was a V-8 with those specs as Grandpa always said when the auction starts friendship stops but when it's over lets go have a beer because now were friends again

I found out a long time ago that any inanimate object is like a bus stop - there is always another one around the corner if you miss this one!

I found out a long time ago that any inanimate object is like a bus stop - there is always another one around the corner if you miss this one!

Not always true. See http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?/topic/24153-superliner-prices-softening/page__pid__110815#entry110815

I had a pocket full of money and felt like I took a knife to gun fight.

Sounds like a street corner gal.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.