Stupid people=stupid news

hatcity

A local man was uninjured after driving his grapple truck with the boom in the air, and getting entangled in power lines Monday

post-4436-0-23073100-1332241877_thumb.jp

The driver remained in the cab until FPL crews arrived and disconnected power. The driver then had to manuever the boom to get disentangled since power crews could not get close enough.

Only apparent damage was several blown tires, including one blown completely off the rim

post-4436-0-79026500-1332242064_thumb.jp

Further inspection showed all tires in contact at the time were damaged and have to be replaced.

the company owner did not comment except to say "the driver has been suspended"

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

at least he was smart enough to stay in the truck. I used to work with a man that moved to Virginia from Texas and he told me that where he used to work in Texas a guy got a truck, don't remember what type it was, into some power lines. They were yelling at him to stay put but he panicked and jumped out and was killed instantly.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yup. First thought was to get out and lower boom. But the snap,crackle,pop told me to stay in.

Surprised that it didn't blow the computer in the truck.

Drawers-slightly stained, ego-shot

Another pic of one tire. Look at the worm holes

post-4436-0-85801300-1332244069_thumb.jp

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Yup. First thought was to get out and lower boom. But the snap,crackle,pop told me to stay in.

Surprised that it didn't blow the computer in the truck.

Drawers-slightly stained, ego-shot

Another pic of one tire. Look at the worm holes

post-4436-0-85801300-1332244069_thumb.jp

I was wonderin if that was your truck. 7200 volt transmission lines ain't nothin to fuck with. Damned lucky. Glad still with us.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Damn! You are lucky to still be able to read and type! I bet you end up having to replace all the tires. I swung a boom into a set of 69KV lines years ago and burned holes in all the tires - some of which did not go flat for a week. We also found pin holes all the way through the six inch cribbing at the outriggers.

It is okay to wait to read the latest on BMT until after you get home, don't be trying to read on here, keep a straight face, breathe, and remember to stow your boom all at the same time.

You are a lucky man!

• Like 1

Thanks Rob and Olive-

The steer tires-425/65/22.5 were only about 1 month old. Only good tires are the tag. they were not on the ground

. Called MACK, they said if the truck systems are ok, just keep an eye on them.

Holy shit batman! Im happy to hear you made it. Guess you wont do THAT again...

They say "third time is a charm". Maybe I will learn better

Looks like someone was looking out for you. Glad your ok. Just yesterday I had a guy that couldn't understand why I wouldn't pick up a box with lightning in the area. I told him I would raise the hoist if he would hook the lightning rod, I mean cable. He didn't think that was such a good idea.

• Like 1

Wow............I was wondering as I read and looked at the pics if that was you/your truck. Glad you were smart and stayed inside. That is crap you don't want to mess with.

We have some high power lines off a substation that run across the side of my work property. It's eerie to listen to those things humm and buzz, especially during rain storm.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Holy crap!!! Sure glad your ok.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I love how Hat slowly comes around to admitting that it was him in the truck - it only took three posts to spill the beans.

Have we all told him how glad we are he is okay so we can get on with the ribbing that is coming?

Oh okay, we can wait a couple of days................kind of have him relax and let his guard down.

Hatcity- not only are we glad you are okay, we also are really glad you got some photos of the boom in the air - evidence!

I am sorry as hell but I cannot bring myself to tease or rib anybody that has come so close to death. I work in high voltage and have seen the results of the tramatic injuries and aftermath(s) of victims, include the demise of two coworkers on the same job as I.

I don't really know if anybody ever knows just how close that call was unless you have seen it first hand; I have.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I have personally felt the tickle of a transmission line through a tree that fell on the cab of a hydro-axe machine I was running - I felt like life was in slow motion and I had no where to go - like death staring you in the face.

- he is lucky, lucky, lucky!

I love how Hat slowly comes around to admitting that it was him in the truck - it only took three posts to spill the beans.

Have we all told him how glad we are he is okay so we can get on with the ribbing that is coming?

Oh okay, we can wait a couple of days................kind of have him relax and let his guard down.

Hatcity- not only are we glad you are okay, we also are really glad you got some photos of the boom in the air - evidence!

That is how it happened actually. But, yeah, I can take the crap that ya'll dish out over this.

I am sorry as hell but I cannot bring myself to tease or rib anybody that has come so close to death. I work in high voltage and have seen the results of the tramatic injuries and aftermath(s) of victims, include the demise of two coworkers on the same job as I.

I don't really know if anybody ever knows just how close that call was unless you have seen it first hand; I have.

Rob

Thanks Rob for your true concern. Have gotten several calls, some with concern, some to bash me a little

Thanks Rob for your true concern. Have gotten several calls, some with concern, some to bash me a little

Don't understand how somebody could bash you for almost getting killed, sure as hell isn't a joke . Idiots! Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Don't understand how somebody could bash you for almost getting killed, sure as hell isn't a joke . Idiots! Paul

We have several coworkers in electrical safety training class on this very day to help avoid this type of accident from happening in the federal workplace.

Rob

We have several coworkers in electrical safety training class on this very day to help avoid this type of accident from happening in the federal workplace.

Rob

If you want, you can print theses pics for add'l. emphasis. I can get a pic of all 10 tires tomorrow when they finish replacement.

Anything one can use to help avoid a similar thing is good by me