stupid is as stupid does

mike69mackman

i asked our shop to fix my seat. They decide to swap pass seat for drivers seat. Do you think those short bus riding wanna be rocket scientists thought to take the seatbelt buckle off the left side and put it on the right? Barrick and stewart shop motto: do the job half-assed or not at all!

"1 hour = 37 minutes if you didn't know."

That's how I feel about hiring anyone who smokes. They either don't do anything for 23 min per hour or work with one hand.

I have a great guy that works for me, but he honestly can't talk on the cell phone, breathe and do anything else at the same time. He stops whatever he is doing and stands there until the other person is done yacking. Even if I am holding up the other end of a friggin beam or something, he just drops his end and answers that thing. I think that the increased productivity I get out of having a cell phone is negated by his use of one when he is supposed to be working.

I had a crane hired the other day at $250/hour and I warned the operator ahead of time that he needed to not use it as long as I was paying the bill.

I have a great guy that works for me, but he honestly can't talk on the cell phone, breathe and do anything else at the same time. He stops whatever he is doing and stands there until the other person is done yacking. Even if I am holding up the other end of a friggin beam or something, he just drops his end and answers that thing. I think that the increased productivity I get out of having a cell phone is negated by his use of one when he is supposed to be working.

I had a crane hired the other day at $250/hour and I warned the operator ahead of time that he needed to not use it as long as I was paying the bill.

Company policy here is, when at work no personal cell phone use or termination may result.

I'm probably violating a zillion laws, but if I hire a smoker and he smokes in my equipment he knows he is gone. Cel phones and related items....shut them off or ignore them when you're on my time. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Company policy here is, when at work no personal cell phone use or termination may result.

Same Way for my 2 buddies i drive for who are in the Truck tire & recap business .

The only time im allowed on the phone is if 1 of the bosses calls .

Personally im not crazy about driving & talking on the phone in the 1st place esp since the cops will give you a big fat ticket over talking on the phone.

. if the boss calls ( i got a brother type relationship w/ 1 & a father/son type realationship w/ the other) im quick to tell them : tell me what ya got to say so i can get off the phone or else if i get a ticket for talking to you even w/ a blue tooth ill make sure YOU pay the ticket & not me .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

i asked our shop to fix my seat. They decide to swap pass seat for drivers seat. Do you think those short bus riding wanna be rocket scientists thought to take the seatbelt buckle off the left side and put it on the right? Barrick and stewart shop motto: do the job half-assed or not at all!

Did you tell the shop what was wrong with the seat? Or did you just tell them it needed fixing and it was up to them to figure out what you didn't think was right with it? I've seen a lot of company drivers give half-assed descriptions of what is wrong and expect the shop to figure it out. If things are busy, the shop won't want to waste time trying to find a problem, so they'll do a quick & easy fix that might solve your problem since they don't really know what the problem is. One thing I've found through the years is that the more specific you can be about a problem...the more details you can give the shop....the more successful they will be in actually fixing the problem.

• Like 2
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Not to get too far off course from the original post, but my company's policy is no cell phone while driving, even hands-free. This was implemented before the federal hand-held ban.

Did you tell the shop what was wrong with the seat? Or did you just tell them it needed fixing and it was up to them to figure out what you didn't think was right with it? I've seen a lot of company drivers give half-assed descriptions of what is wrong and expect the shop to figure it out. If things are busy, the shop won't want to waste time trying to find a problem, so they'll do a quick & easy fix that might solve your problem since they don't really know what the problem is. One thing I've found through the years is that the more specific you can be about a problem...the more details you can give the shop....the more successful they will be in actually fixing the problem.

Whenever possible, I'll personally show them the problem rather than just write it up. Not only does that yield better results, but my ears don't get that burning feeling that occurs about the same time that they're reading my write-up and thinking "wtf is he talking about?"

Jim

I once had to terminate an employee who had the nads to sit in a fire truck during a working fire talking on his cell phone instead of fighting the fire. He couldn't understand what he did wrong.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

in response to rowdy rebel: the seat cushin needed replaced. Told them about it, they decided to save money by swapping seats. But common sense would have told them to swap the seatbelt buckle to right side.especially when its staring you in the face while ur tightening it down. But i do know what ur saying about half-assed write ups.i dont do that.i worked as a service writer years ago and hated when custs would do that s..t. But if you worked in our shop with these idiots you would understand my frustration

I once had to terminate an employee who had the nads to sit in a fire truck during a working fire talking on his cell phone instead of fighting the fire. He couldn't understand what he did wrong.

I wouldn't have the "nads" to do that.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I once had a Driver when the truck was broke he would open hood at end of day no writeup or call to say what was wrong. Other thaqn that he was a good drivernot careless or did not abuse truck. Joe D.

I bet he was thinking that the mechanic would do a complete search for the problem and in the process fix anything else wrong! My luck he would find something wrong I did not even notice, and think that was all.